EXTREME PRICES AT STALUPPI AUCTION

Marty Roth

The auction by RM at the Staluppi Collection resulted in some astounding prices,

Especially the 1956 Cadillac Series "62" convertible (No - not an ElDorado) which hammered at nearly $300,000

Click here: 1956 Cadillac Series 62 convertible sells for nearly $300,000 at Staluppi sale | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collec

Think of how much better the Cadillac convertible would look without the garish continental kit hanging off the rear. The only car, to my sense of proportion, that looks good with a continental kit were the original Lincolns that gave them the name Continenetal Kits. They were integrated into the trunk of these cars and seemed to be integral to the design. Add-ons are add-ons, no way around it.

Just my $.02.

Joe, BCA 33493

Think of how much better the Cadillac convertible would look without the garish continental kit hanging off the rear. The only car, to my sense of proportion, that looks good with a continental kit were the original Lincolns that gave them the name Continenetal Kits. They were integrated into the trunk of these cars and seemed to be integral to the design. Add-ons are add-ons, no way around it.

Just my $.02.

Joe, BCA 33493

I wholeheartedly second this notion!

Just my $.02.

Joe, BCA 33493

Amen Brother!!! Those things are hideous. PP