Another Studebaker Champion

Guest mandysterdam

Guest mandysterdam
It could be a '48 Champion Regal Deluxe unless the hood ornament is wrong.

I think the hood ornament may be wrong. I just took a look online and it seems as though it has a 1947 'Strat-o-lined' hood ornament.

I jdo not know about anyone else, but photos uploaded in .pdf format are not displayed for my in thumbnail format. They require extra work on my part to view, which I may or may not undertake, depending on the photo. Just mentioning this so that the uploaders are aware the diminished exposure her on the forum.

Guest mandysterdam
I jdo not know about anyone else, but photos uploaded in .pdf format are not displayed for my in thumbnail format. They require extra work on my part to view, which I may or may not undertake, depending on the photo. Just mentioning this so that the uploaders are aware the diminished exposure her on the forum.

Hi, sorry. I have been posting as PDF because I don't have the original image files/jpegs. I am helping a museum, and this is what they have sent me in order to avoid emailing large files. I'm not sure of how else I can include the images other than jpeg.?

Amanda

Amanda - can you elaborate on your assistance project? What museum, how many cars / bikes etc? Why would they need all cars identified (the work that you are doing)? One would think that a museum would have a detailed listing showing everything they have and the history of the acquisitions of all the displays. Maybe I'm thinking ideally, I don't know! Please don't be offended - I love looking at the cars, but the stories they could tell are compelling too! Thanks to everyone for sharing their expertise for this project. I am learning alot from everyone.

Chuck

I agree, unless the pic shows up in the post, I don't click on it.

Amanda - can you elaborate on your assistance project? What museum, how many cars / bikes etc? Why would they need all cars identified (the work that you are doing)? One would think that a museum would have a detailed listing showing everything they have and the history of the acquisitions of all the displays. Maybe I'm thinking ideally, I don't know! Please don't be offended - I love looking at the cars, but the stories they could tell are compelling too! Thanks to everyone for sharing their expertise for this project. I am learning alot from everyone.

Chuck

I think this is the National Museum of Fixed Up Old Cars. Quite an assemblage of poorly restored cars. All seem to be very savable, though

Guest mandysterdam

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Yes, you are thinking ideally. Many times when museums are given a collection or objects the donor has not keep proper records. Also, in the past many museums were not too concerned with paperwork, unfortunately. Things have gotten better in the last couple decades though. The museum I am helping is just outside of Dubai. It is the Sharjah Classic Cars Museum, which is the first of its kind in the region. It is being redeveloped and I am helping them to write the interpretive text and labels. They have about 120 cars and a few motorcycles and bikes. The collection came from one man. It is my understanding that we only have paper work for some of the vehicles. The curator tends to know more about the mechanics of cars rather than having expertise in identifying them, which is why I am seeking help.

On that note, I greatly appreciate everyone's assistance and I know the museum does too.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi, sorry. I have been posting as PDF because I don't have the original image files/jpegs. I am helping a museum, and this is what they have sent me in order to avoid emailing large files. I'm not sure of how else I can include the images other than jpeg.?

Amanda

Adobe Acrobat, not Reader, permits you to call up the original .pdf file and then save it in .jpeg format.

Guest mandysterdam
Adobe Acrobat, not Reader, permits you to call up the original .pdf file and then save it in .jpeg format.

Ah, I see. Thanks!