Rare Color Combo Convertible on Ebay

ol' yeller

Not Mine.

Buick : Reatta Base Convertible 2-Door in Buick | eBay Motors

Red with Gray interior and top. Ad claims original paint. I've never seen this color combo before. Interesting.

That car belongs to customer of mine. The top looks beautiful on the car, and the paint is original and in beautiful condition.

I have seen and driven the car several times. Well worth the asking price.

Guest HessLakeGuy

I always enjoy seeing new/different color combos either at meets or here on the web. I like that car. Perhaps we will see it at an event some day.

Tom

On the road.......stopped in Tucson and visited Roger and his 70+ Reattas, looked at the prototype convertible on Monday and had coffee with Ervin yesterday. I just sent April an update of registered Reattas, it should appear in the next Reatta newsletter.

One reason so many convertibles appear may be the fact that R.L. Polks data shows that 75% of all 1990 convertibles built are still registered, compared to 55% of 1988 Reattas.

Polk supplied registration numbers for all 50 states and shows the number of each year registered and both body styles. April did not have room to print the 5 1/2 pages of information but I can give you details for your state. Michigan is still the leader in registered Reattas.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

On the road.......stopped in Tucson and visited Roger and his 70+ Reattas, looked at the prototype convertible on Monday and had coffee with Ervin yesterday. I just sent April an update of registered Reattas, it should appear in the next Reatta newsletter.

One reason so many convertibles appear may be the fact that R.L. Polks data shows that 75% of all 1990 convertibles built are still registered, compared to 55% of 1988 Reattas.

Polk supplied registration numbers for all 50 states and shows the number of each year registered and both body styles. April did not have room to print the 5 1/2 pages of information but I can give you details for your state. Michigan is still the leader in registered Reattas.

Due to good conversation with Barney & Nancy, my nephew went without a free meal. :) ...and it took me 2 1/4 miles to travel 60 miles back to L.A. (but worth it). Thanks Barney!! :)

Collectors do look at anything car-related advertised on-line. For the most part, eBay is where you list your car because you need cash or you want to sell quickly in order to move on to (or make room for) other interests.

Guest Metricwrencher

I certainly wouldn't classify myself as a collector, as I own only one Reatta and an old motorcycle. However, I do appreciate those sellers who offer nice vehicles at realistic prices on Ebay. It can be a real pleasurable buying experience when the transaction parties are honest, flexible and committed to good communication. I'm sure glad that the PO of my Reatta wanted to move on to other interest after a stint as an excellent steward of this modern horseless carriage. I look forward to carrying on the tradition.

The auction sites also allow those of us that life outside major metropolitan areas to survey the "collectible car" market without having to attend the Southwest and East Coast Auctions.

Don

Guest my3buicks

Collectors do look at anything car-related advertised on-line. For the most part, eBay is where you list your car because you need cash or you want to sell quickly in order to move on to (or make room for) other interests.

That's just BS!!