Prayers for Mason

Guest tommygfunk

Guest tommygfunk

Wednesday we are going up to Akron children’s hospital for a surgery for mason. He was born with a hypospadias is a disorder in which the male urethral opening is not located at the tip of the penis. Most commonly with hypospadias, the opening is located along the underside of the penis. <O:p></O:p>

In the surgery they have to split his penis and create a completed tube. This terrifies me because he is only 6 months old and I worry about the anesthetic and how he will react to it not to mention just the thought of having your penis split like this. I hate this, but there is no other way so all I can do is pray. MY TRUST IS IN GOD! <O:p</O:p

Guest namvetschrysler

G/Day Thomas,

All the best to the little fella, yourself and your Family from Australia, i am sure he is a gutsy little fella and will get over this in no time

Prayers coming his way. Babies are way tougher than many realize. Just look at the little ones they found alive after the earthquake in Mexico. No one expected to find them alive after the amount of time they had been buried in the rubble of the hospital. Hopefully he will do fine and be many years older before they have to explain to him what he went through.

Guest tommygfunk

I was hoping to post this last night, but just as I went online my computer crashed.

Update on Mason!

We left for Akron children’s hospital today at 6am and Mason went into surgery at 11:15 am. He did well and the doctor was able to reconstruct his penis and urethra. The staff was increasable there and helped keep mason entertained. As you can imagine a tired hungry 6 month old was a real handful. The surgery took about 2 hours and we were able to go back with him in the recovery room. I cried when I saw that he was ok and watched as mommy feed him his first bottle in several hours. I was proud of Andy for being a great big brother and being there for mason, JoElle and myself. My niece Amber was there and she was a great help to jojo and me. Now we are hoping that the healing goes as planned and everything takes. We have to remove the gauze on Friday and the doctor warned us that his penis will look like it was beaten with a hammer. [i cringe at this point][ if you don’t have one cringe anyway]

I finally felt at ease as I sat and held him in the second stage of recovery and now 12 hours later we are home. The hospital staff and security went above and beyond. We had to park my truck down the street because it would not fit in the garage. We caught a transport bus to the hospital and a wonderful lady in security drove us back to the truck. The entire staff was so good to all the parents and children. Mason was caring because he was hungry, but we could not feed him so these ladies carried him all over the pre-op area and one had a turkey puppet [decoration] and she made mason laugh. Now to all the nana’s and grandmas that work in this unit thank you so very much for just being you! God bless all of you! A huge thanks go out for all the prayers.