A 1941 Buick in Holland

buick41

Hi Keith

The engine is indeed running nice , we finished the last issues so it can drive now , actually  i drove her shortly on the road and on a trailer sitting on a pallet and a sparewheel ....       and ik must say , everything feels good, brakes clutch , gearbox , engine . very smooth .......... So . We brought her to the body / paintshop now...

and now we wait ..........    

Great that your wive starts to like the old Buick... With two on board is more fun than alone ..    (Lucky me  ;) .. my wive likes to  help me with several restoration things)  But off course  that wil probably ends when the Buick is finished and she takes the Buick out for a drive by herselve with friends ............      leaving me home alone  ..                  LOL 

By the way , i found the right moulding clips for the rockermouldings at  restorationpartsspecialties ...  he had some ...so that proble is solved too.

Paul         

post-127770-0-03441600-1452012861_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Guy's  

Time for an update about the Buick

It took  us almost a year to get the Buick back from the paintshop ......... But it was worth waiting ....     

Don't let a friend doing the paint job if you are in a hurry  :D... But she is back now and i am really happy with the results . 

What way to go .  So step by step i can build her up and put some chrome trim's on .. window's etc ..

Paul

20161126_160904.jpg

20161126_160909.jpg

20161126_173050.jpg

• Like 5

Hi sixseven  this is a simple proces. And it actually works for small parts.  The  only problem is that  the layer of sinc is not so durable .  When you put a wrench on the  bolts head it will damage the layer of sink. I know there are companies that can plate a bucket of bolts for you in a better quality and a lot faster.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another great thread!  As a newbie here, I am like a kid in a candy store reading through these wonderful threads on the "Me and My Buick" forum.  It's like binge-watching a series on Netflix, but sometimes I'm disappointed when I get to the end and it's not finished yet.  :P

Paul, I am in awe of what you have taken on here.  I hope to get another installment soon.  I can't wait to read the next chapter of your novel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Time for an update ..   ;-) 

A willy's Jeep showed up in oktober and i had to do the little "green" thing first so that project is finished now so  there is finally time for the Buick ........

Every time i put parts back on the car i am really satisfied to see the results ...    Happy to see al the trims are nice and without dents but  to fit the trims to the body is sometimes a rough job on the fresh new paint  :rolleyes:... But we are getting somewere now. 

Paul

20170725_213033.thumb.jpg.28052818e304cea88fa98edf830cfafb.jpg

20170725_212315.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello from the USofA

I am fairly new this forum and just saw all the pictures and information about your 1941 Buick Project! Don't know where you are in the process, but I may have several parts that you may need? I believe I do have a pair of those white plastic inserts for i believe the garnish molding. Wasn't sure what they were for but now i know. Not sure if they are reproducing those or not? Happy to help if you are looking for the hard or easy parts. If you have not completed the project, just send me list below of what you may still need.

1941Buickunt