Triple Black 65 Riviera GS Ebay

scottie

funny to see a car like that, the ultimate in desirability and loaded as well, and then see the wrong trunk lining material and the wrong interior wood!

Don't forget the incorrect seat upholstery as well. Listing says original. Could be a legit GS car though but it leaves me wondering why no mention of matching numbers when they are asking $50k. As often happens with these types of cars on ebay, the seller knows little about them. Somehow the ebay user name Billybobsfastcars doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Chris,

Truly you're the "Minister of Information". I remember this car being on cars-on-line.com years ago for sale. non-numbers matching seafoam green.....If I'm not mistaken the silver/black GS currently on ebay also is originally a seafoam green car. Where is the love for seafoam green? It's a nice color on a 65 riv!!

Chris,

Truly you're the "Minister of Information". I remember this car being on cars-on-line.com years ago for sale.

He sure is!!! He can dig up and root out just about anything thats been for sale anywhere any time. This old thread puts a new spin on the car thats for sure.

This one was easy for me to remember, as I was considering buying it when it was about half the price it is now and had a friend look at it and drive it when Chuck had it. The rear shoulder belts were a give away, but I googled the VIN to make sure and confirmed it was the same car. It had spent some time in Europe (and was in a magazine there) and some of the export info came up when it was googled.

The day I bought it my wife said. "That thing is ugly. The color is terrible." That's part of the reason I changed it.

I've noticed that the seafoam green deteriorates down to an ugly shade of green over time. If the paint were fresh, it might appeal to more people.