What Is Your Favorite Buick Emblem???

Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

These are attached to the most Famous Buick of them all. The Chartruese Lady...... How could you not like that? :cool:

This logo was used for much of the teens and 1920's. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143141846897_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143141846902_thumb.jpg

Well, I don't like em..........

To OLD looking, a YOUNG fellow like me enjoys the modern/art deco style, LOL.

Hey, Mr. Earl, did you see where Hal Wing passed away a few months ago? He was the fellow, RICH FELLOW, that had Troy, of Rad Rides build the 54 HT, with Mercedes G55 as power, and suspension. It was a million dollar build. The new Hot Rod mag has a story on it, (pg. 82), short story, and picture. The wiring stretched from Il. to Ca, and took 6-months to wire. Mercedes LOVES WIRE, hehehe.

On page 82 is also a picture and story on the Miller truck that my personal friend here in Indy built, I did some of the aluminum work, and the LACE wood truck bed. It was a $440,000. build for George Poteet.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Well, I don't like em..........

To OLD looking, a YOUNG fellow like me enjoys the modern/art deco style, LOL.

Dale in Indy

Young fellie??? Only an Old Bum would make a remark like that... :P ... ( Think Freddy the Freeloader.) ;) Dandy Dave!

• Like 1

Guest 63-Cat

post-91804-143141848397_thumb.jpg

This is actually a sign that a guy had made for his garage. Posted thread over at V8 Buick. I called the maker because I was thinking about getting one too. I think it was under $100, if anyone is interested I will get you more info.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188132[/ATTACH]

This is actually a sign that a guy had made for his garage. Posted thread over at V8 Buick. I called the maker because I was thinking about getting one too. I think it was under $100, if anyone is interested I will get you more info.

Awesome! Yes please post his info.

Yes! I would also be very interested.

I might also be interested. Is the sign metal? How large is it?

Looks awesome!

Guest 63-Cat

post-91804-143141850052_thumb.jpg

I was just about to buy one of these myself and thought I would price having one made of the Wildcat (like my avatar) then I kinda dropped the ball. But now talking about it has sprung my interest again.

Anyway, I found my notes. I did call the guy. He must have been busy and wasn't sure of the size details. But from what I did get is there are two sizes.

The small one is about 13" for $70.00 and the larger one is about 15" for $100.00. Don't quote me on these sizes or price cause I'm not sure.

They are made of acrylic. The website is Guitar Art, Custom Made Signs, and More

The guys name is John and the phone is 714-510-0911

The original thread might give a little more info at Check out my new Buick garage wall art

If anybody buys one please get back to this thread.

Guest 63-Cat
Ron: Love yor Wildcat.

My Father had a new '64 when I was a kid. In part the reason for my "obsession" for Buick's. Your Wildcat brings back great memories.

Thank you, My first car was a 64 Wildcat. It was the same color as the 63 I now have. Not too many people are familiar with the Wildcats. I guess they never really caught on like the Rivs.

Thank you, My first car was a 64 Wildcat. It was the same color as the 63 I now have. Not too many people are familiar with the Wildcats. I guess they never really caught on like the Rivs.

The new Riviera's at the time were hard to beat.

I remember as a kid going to the dealership to pick out a new Buick with my folks. I spotted the Rivs and tried to encourage my Father to go with the Riviera instead of the Wildcat.

My mother and father had spent 9 years in a 1955 2 door Buick with my brother and I, and they were done with 2 doors. The next Buick was going to be a 4 door. Besides mom and dad figured my twin brother and I at the age of 12 were old enough to each have our own door.

I do remember him giving that Riviera a real good look.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)