Show me yours and I'll show you mine

Bushwack

My first 'new off the showroom floor' Buick was a '78 Regal Sport Coupe (turbo). Dark metallic gold, with tan bucket seats, chrome sport wheels, and a nice set of options. NO vinyl top. Interestingly, it was the 2-bbl carb version. (I bought it off the dealer lot, and that is what he had...) One time I was cleaning under the seats and found the card with the build information on it. Said "Turbo test car", and I have never figured out why.

Immediately after purchasing it, I replaced all the junk OE speakers with nice Jensens, and replaced the junk headlights with E-code Hellas.

The car got totaled in 1983 when I T-boned a dufus that was driving the wrong way down a one-way street. It was night time, I had a green light, and he popped right out in front of me when I was going through the intersection.

I don't have any photos of my car, but here is one just like it. (Mine had no door molding on it either.):

48317d1289954016-1978-sport-coupe-project-gedc0954.jpg

48318d1289954228-1978-sport-coupe-project-gedc0953.jpg

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)

My first was....

You guessed it. A Reatta. :D

I bought my '89 in 2008. Paid $300 for it.

It had a minor wreck on the passenger front corner. I was able to fix that.

After swapping thing underneath (brake lines, fuel lines, gas tank, rear suspension, etc, I've driven it close to 10k miles. Changed basic things like water pump, CRT, alternator, speakers, window motor, etc.

Best $300 car I ever bought!

post-62980-14313896825_thumb.jpg

post-62980-143138968252_thumb.jpg

Don't have pictures of my first, a 1955 grey Special 2dr. or my second a 1982 Electra wagon,

but I also had a couple a Regal GS sedans, a black '99 and a green 2000 attached is a poor quality picture of the black one..... a Reatta hubcap emblem fits nicely in the grill.

post-30596-14313896829_thumb.jpg

post-30599-143138968296_thumb.jpg Here is a photo of my late 89 Reatta. I owned the car for almost 10 years. The engine crapped out and while it was sitting at the repair shop, someone crashed into it the drivers side. The car was fully insured. I sold the car to a fellow Reatta Forum member. He replaced the door and had another engine to put in it. He did send me a photo of the door replaced, but I've never heard anymore about the car. He does not seem to be a member any longer. This is the first Buick and only Buick I've owned. Edited by Howard (see edit history)

Guest tempest6cyl

My one and only Buick is a 1985 Grand National. After waiting for two months for my order to be built, I drove it away from the dealer in Dec. 1984

post-31943-143138969164_thumb.jpg

Guest Richard D

My first Buick was really my grandfathers car, I was 16 and would borrow it until my family got fed up and bought me my own car, a 65 Marlin! Dad had a paint & body shop and fixed it up for me. In 1969 I thought it was cool.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsFYAU1VUoyCEvQTb8FxAaByFpIFjJDsk2c5cY1VyOr6acQ9ho

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

When I was growing up, my Dad was a Chevy guy, but abruptly switched to Fords in 1967. The first Buick I was exposed to was a 1967 Skylark owned by a girlfriend's father. I really liked that car. It was one of the last cars produced with fender skirts. Here is a photo of one from Classic Auto Trader.

post-30882-143138971242_thumb.jpg