Recasting a Buick steering wheel

squeek

Has anyone had their steering wheel recast? I have a '41 Buick 56C and my wheel is completely cracked. I have looked all over the internet & Hemmings & can't seem to decide who I trust do an quality/professional job. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Dagmars,There's a man in North Carolina by the name of Don Eash who casts steering wheels and knobs. He's a personal friend and has done some knob work for my '36 Dodge.I have watched him do wheels and he is very good! I would highly recommend him. His company name is D & D Automoblia but I,m not sure of his phone since he moved to the Carolinas. If you can't find him call his brother Barry @ 814-487-4709, ( shop Number)

Guest fordy

Try PEARLCRAFT here in Australia, they do wheels from all over the world, top quality work but as pricey as you can be - they quoted me $2000 (aussie $) to redo my '46 Buick wheel but a few weeks later I found a really good used one at a swap for 50 bucks. I dont use it as a show car, I just want it to go around corners without ripping my hands to shreds on broken plastic!

www.pearlcraft.com.au

Edited by fordy (see edit history)

I have had Richard Gumm in Reno, OH (Marietta) recast four wheels for me, all were beautifully done and very reasonable @ $175.00. His number is (740) 374-8169

Kevin Moore, Ohio

1941 76c

1948 56c

• 2 weeks later...

My Richard Gumm recast wheel arrived yesterday. Attached is a photo before installation.

The sun is not out so it look a little dark in the picture but I am quite pleased.

One of the spokes was also cracked and he replaced it, I could not tell if it were not for the tape.

Richard Gumm 614-374-8169 or 740-374-8169

post-30596-143138941673_thumb.jpg