1958 Buick Limited Convertible

Guest 58limited

Guest 58limited

I have a 1958 Buick Convertible Limited I'm thinking of selling or maybe trading. Its a solid car thats been sitting in storage for many years.The top,windows,chrome and interior are in good condition.Its very solid, no rust.It will need paint.Currently it is not running.

If interested please give me your email and I will send along some info and pics.

Thanks

Guest ewing

where is the car located? Roughly what price do you place on, or want for the car? I s the car complete... was it complete and running when put in storage?

I have sent you a PM with my email for pictures.

"I'm thinking of selling or maybe trading"

Realize you're a junior member, just joined, but your style of post is one of my pet peaves.

Is the car for sale? Then set a price, give a location, and move on. From your post, I'm not even sure the car's for sale..........

This isn't a forum for fishing for an "omygodgottahaveit" offer.

Guest ewing

"58 59 60 Buick or caddy Wanted

Looking for convertible to restore or a decent driver...

Thanks"

one of 2 posts, this being the other... hmmmm I wonder ; he's looking for a 58 Buick convertible to restore, and has a 58 Buick Limited convertible to sell or trade. Can't figure that one out.

OK Buick People: I hope I'm wrong but I think the 58 limited add is a phoney.

The guy that advertises "Wanted blab blab blab" in Craig's list spams the Craig's List on the 11 Western Solar System's Craig's Lists. I think he would make more money getting a job because it requires the same energy to post all that he does. Mitch

Guest my3buicks

Interesting that he is looking for a 58, 59 or 60 Buick or Caddy convertible, but yet he has or is supposedly trying to sell one of the ultimate cars from the list he is looking for.

Guest nzgirl

Thanks again guys! If anyone truly has a 58 Buick limited convertible please get in contact..

I am a gunuine buyer and will fly over to check it all out before the purchase.

Thanks again everyone for your help at weeding out the not so nice people in this world.

NZ Girl

Guest Rob McDonald

"wonder why we let random people get access to posting on this board"

I think the AACA moderators are always looking over our shoulders. Right, sir? I appreciate how rarely they feel the need to intervene. We participants are good at spotting a likely fraud and generally take vigilante action ourselves, usually with a nice helping of sarcasm and humour. Notice how these clowns rarely defend themselves? Busted, pal.

Guest nzgirl

HI Bernie, You are right it does happen. We had a guy in our Panel shop last week who last year purchased a car through e-bay. The guy was born deaf and has only just recently got a transmitter hearing Aid fitted which some how has given him back his hearing. Anyway to cut a long story short he was communicating via e-mails paid the guy 30k and never heard anything again from him nor did he receive the car. I have had a couple of e-mails through your site through the private message which seem pretty legitimate. One sounds really interesting just waiting to hear back with photo's etc. The other one has way to much restoration work to do on it. Thanks again everyone for keeping an eye on things with your site.

Kind Regards Carolyn

Carolyn, Thank you for the kind words. Most problems arise when someone doesn't know what they are buying from someone who doesn't know what they are selling. And then there are few crooks.

I sold the 1953 Jaguar to a Jag lover about 30 miles away. He loved the car so much he gave me a cash deposit and then called back half an hour later to ask exactly how much it cost. The car will be painted in the next couple of weeks.

I did not flitter the money away on bills or foolish stuff. I used it to restore the driveline on my 1986 Buick convertible and other car needs.

Bernie

HI Bernie, You are right it does happen. We had a guy in our Panel shop last week who last year purchased a car through e-bay. The guy was born deaf and has only just recently got a transmitter hearing Aid fitted which some how has given him back his hearing. Anyway to cut a long story short he was communicating via e-mails paid the guy 30k and never heard anything again from him nor did he receive the car. I have had a couple of e-mails through your site through the private message which seem pretty legitimate. One sounds really interesting just waiting to hear back with photo's etc. The other one has way to much restoration work to do on it. Thanks again everyone for keeping an eye on things with your site.

Kind Regards Carolyn

Carolyn,

With you being over there, and us being over here, it might be easier for you to ask if anyone knows the purported "seller" of a vehicle. Someone could possibly even check on the condition of the vehicle, make sure of condition, location, etc. before you get too involved. Just because someone from here PM's you with a legitimate deal, doesn't mean it's legitimate! Feel free to post questions or threads here on the Buy/Sell forum about the car, persons involved, etc.

I know that I would appreciate this kind of help if I was purchasing a vehicle across the pond.

Matt

OK Buick People: Unless I had an agent or a seller that I trusted that could handle a high dollar (what ever you call high dollar btw) out of area purchase for me....forget it. With so many variables involved it seems like such a narcissistic move. "I gotta have it, I gotta have it" and I'm willing to gamble a large sum of money. I have personally lucked out more than not but then, I did not send large sums of money for a deposit and purchase. And yes, there were times I was that narcissist I spoke of.

I must remind forum members of a gentleman's thread, who's name I can't remember, which stated bluntly that after as much research on a prospective purchase out of his area, he was willing to go and get the car AND AND AND AND...................................

..................if the car or something wasn't to his standards he was willing to go home with an EMPTY TRAILER!

It wasn't a gamble for this man because he was factoring the empty trailer in his equation. That thread allowed me to examine things and slow down a bit. Mitch

Guest 58limited

Hello Buick friends and the not so friendly .Sorry but I have been busy cleaning her up. Do to all the attention and emails I have been getting, I have decided to put her on Ebay for all of you to see. It should be on in a couple days.

OK 58 Buick Limited: There have been so many bogus adds for this type of car, I'm sorry I took your head off. I WAS hoping I was wrong and I was. A few more details like where the car was, a picture and perhaps a mention of some circumstances surrounding this car might have got you a more positive response.

I saw the car on the ebay and it sure looks like a nice old car that was used sparingly, given good care, then, taken out of daily service and put into a deep hibernation. I would call this car "The Big Dilemma". It is so nice and original that it really would be a dis-service restoring it. If it were mine I would get it mechanically excellent and have a good time with it! I'd bomb it around all summer and drive the living daylights out of it.

Good luck with the sale and again, sorry for making certain assumptions. Mitch

hi

i was wondering if someone could help me out decode this car on ebay.

the model 58-756 looks good right....756 for a convertible

and the style code 4867X looks fine for a model 756.

however the body looks to be G 329....this would mean made in Flint Michigan body 329

the trim 770 seems to be the correct silver that the car is showing today.

the paint 3C.....not sure about this. some information says the two different digits would mean two tone. others say that no convertibles were two tone and the C is the colour of the top in a convertible. but i cannot find anyone that seems to know what colour C would be for the top.

seems like the 3 would be laurel mist. if the C were a two tone colour it would be glacier white. but again. not sure any convertibles were two tone. does anyone know?

the accessory B1. the B seems to mean heater and defroster. not sure what the 1 means...anyone know? actually, maybe its an I and not a 1. i guess I would mean tinted glass. BI.

there is a 3 to the left of the acc code line. anyone have any idea what that is all about?

the most interesting thing is the serial number.

8E3009461

from what i have read. 8 is for the series 700 Limited......looks good.

E is for the year...1958....looks ok.

however the 3...this looks to be not in conformity with the cowl tag. 3 is for Linden, New Jersey.

the third digit should be a 1....for Flint Michigan. to match the cowl tag. not a 3 for Linden, New Jersey.

does anyone know why the cowl tag would show Flint Michigan and the body tag would show Linden, New Jersey? everything i have read says they should match.

is it possible the car was made in Flint and then sent down to Linden for the body?

one final question. the body tag seems to have a hole in the top left corner. is that normal? it does seem like its rivited onto the car.

and the cowl tag. it seems to have some rubber material put over the fasteners. and there is a round hole on the right side below the right fastener. is that correct?

if anyone else has a buick limited on this site and could be so kind as to post your body and cowl tag....it would really help me out. even better if it were a convertible model.

here are the links where i obtained my information. so you can check them out and see if you agree with what they are saying.

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/1958BuickIdentificationCodes.htm

http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=254

i would like to buy a 1958 buick limited driver just like this car (once the engine is fixed. ha ha). however i want to be sure its a correct car. this difference in the body tag and the cowl tag has me concerned. should i be? or is it possible that the factory could have mixed this thing up some how?

is there any other way that i could check? is there a frame number somewhere on the car that would definitively confirm the correctness of the car?

thanks in advance for your assistance.

$(KGrHqRHJB0E63(JZKZCBPhE4gIjfg~~60_3.JPG$(KGrHqRHJFcE918FI6oIBPhE4Tu!RQ~~60_3.JPG

Edited by dryesandno (see edit history)

Well, with so few built, and if the buyer had big hopes in owning one, well, I don't think it was to much.

The stuck engine may or may not be an issue. I have seen bad batteries and starters give signs of a stuck engine, when it really wasn't. I had a car that the generator froze up, and the belt held so tight that it locked up the engine.

I would love to hear what the new owner plans to do with the car.

Dale in Indy

If dryesandno or anyone else on this forum would like pictures of data tag from a white 58 limited convertible with silver interior send me a private message. I have such a car that is rough but original. I will return pictures by private message. factoryben

• 10 months later...
Guest ShaneMonopoli
I have a 1958 Buick Convertible Limited I'm thinking of selling or maybe trading. Its a solid car thats been sitting in storage for many years.The top,windows,chrome and interior are in good condition.Its very solid, no rust.It will need paint.Currently it is not running.

If interested please give me your email and I will send along some info and pics.

Thanks

Hi I am very interested if you could email me some pictures and let me know how much you would want for it

Thanks Shane

email shane@exph.com.au

• 3 months later...
Guest duke1234

Thanks

I am interested in the 58 Buick, can you please contact me to let me know if the car is still available.My name is Archie and I can be reached 603-475-1185 Please let me know either way, Thank you, Archie

You can also e-mail any info to wayneo92859@yahoo.com Thanks again