Dawson plugs

Curti

So they aren't sparkplugs, got this on a Google search. http://forums.aaca.org/f119/dawson-plugs-305859.html

Dawson plugs are inserted into the doors of open cars that do not have roll up windows. They retain then side curtins.

Yup that showed up when I Googled as well. Mr Henry Yeska is no longer motivated to make them. Some one out there must reproduce them............

Guest cben09

I hope George is alive and well??? I remember he and the Packard speedster on the Grand Classic,,,,,east coast to Packards proving grounds,,summer of 1955,,,Will wait word,,,Ben

Guest 1929model75

I went thru the same trouble a year ago on my 1929 Chrysler roadster. The only thing I found that was suitable was from A&L parts specialties in Canton Ct. I bought ones for a model A deluxe phaeton cut them down and they look nice in the top of the doors.

It seems that there are many different styles of Dawson plugs. I guess this comes as no suprise. They were used on many cars that did not have roll-up windows.

These are 35-36 Auburn. They are spring loaded so the button fills the hole when not in use. Does anyone recognize these as interchangeable with Packard or some other make?

• 3 months later...
Guest Awini
It seems that there are many different styles of Dawson plugs. I guess this comes as no suprise. They were used on many cars that did not have roll-up windows.

These are 35-36 Auburn. They are spring loaded so the button fills the hole when not in use. Does anyone recognize these as interchangeable with Packard or some other make?

my 1930 studebaker GJ commander uses these too.