3 THINGS I'VE LEARNED NOT TO DO

RICK YOUNG

Guest wildcat465
The most important thing I have learned is that I will always do things twice.

ALWAYS.

Everything must be fixed twice as good then. :)

3 THINGS I'VE LEARNED NOT TO DO: nah, don't believe it, I'm still getting burned, bruised, blinded, gagged, smoked, lacerated, deafened...and that was just this week.

Willie

I ressemble that remark! ;) Dandy Dave!

Guest Kingoftheroad

Oh man, some of those stories made me cringe.....

Never drop bolts near an open distributor hole while working on your car. Cause you know any bolt or part you drop is going down that hole....:eek:

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Another thing Ive learned the hard way . NEVER EVER EVER unhook your boat trailer on a hill. Thats a lesson thats stayed with me for over 20 years now.

Dan

Never tow a 16 ft boat 100 miles to the Chesapeake Bay behind your 1964 Cadillac without remembering to put the nut on the tow ball. Dad towed the boat. At the Bay he opened the trunk of the Caddy to retrieve the fishing gear and there sat the nut in the trunk. How the ball stayed on the hitch down I83, around Baltimore and across the Bay Bridge still amazes me. Rust apparently is not always a bad thing.

As long as we're on boats and trailers-- Never take your newly restored classic run about to the lake with new roller bunks on your rebuilt trailer and undo all the binders before backing down the steep launch ramp. Yes yes there you'll be with the boat 3/4ths off the trailer resting on the outboard motor (restored also) that by the way you've ground a good part of the skag off of before listening to your wife and son who are standing on the dock.