Interesting Select 60 item on Ebay

Barney Eaton

Another attempt to embelish the value of a common item in an attempt to inflate the value of a common Reatta Item. These people should be removed from ebay. What is wrong with telling the truth. We all know what this item is worth and we as owners of Reatta have obligation to make sure that newer owners are not taken by the slum lords of our hobby

Chuck Kerls

Ok guys.. Really, give the guy a break.

Here is what I've gathered.

This guy had a SS hood ornament for sale about a week ago. He must've gotten his hands on a 88 SS and removed various items from it and sold them on eBay. He probably doesn't know much about Reattas, but saw Steve's ad for a SS hood ornament, and hub cap. He knew he had a car that had the special hood emblem, so he figured the whole car is special and different.

Don't chastise ignorance. The guys just trying to make a buck. If you feel like getting all upset and posting snarky things about him, then why don't you spend that time writing an email to educate the guy on what he really has.

Ok guys.. Really, give the guy a break.

Here is what I've gathered.

This guy had a SS hood ornament for sale about a week ago. He must've gotten his hands on a 88 SS and removed various items from it and sold them on eBay. He probably doesn't know much about Reattas, but saw Steve's ad for a SS hood ornament, and hub cap. He knew he had a car that had the special hood emblem, so he figured the whole car is special and different.

Don't chastise ignorance. The guys just trying to make a buck. If you feel like getting all upset and posting snarky things about him, then why don't you spend that time writing an email to educate the guy on what he really has.

Marck I agree with what you are saying but I would hate to be the guy who paid $300.00 for old used center caps only to find out later that I had been taken advantage of. I would think that someone would have come forward with the facts. Ignorance is not an excuse to just stand by and let someone devalue the Reatta and use profit as a reason. I have higher standards

Chuck Kerls

Marck I agree with what you are saying but I would hate to be the guy who paid $300.00 for old used center caps only to find out later that I had been taken advantage of. I would think that someone would have come forward with the facts. Ignorance is not an excuse to just stand by and let someone devalue the Reatta and use profit as a reason. I have higher standards

Chuck Kerls

Well, the way I look at it is this:

If someone wants to pay $300, then let him! If he finds out he could've gotten them cheaper, then that is he (the buyer's) fault. He did not do his research.

There truly is NO false advertising here. These caps are indeed from a Select Sixty.

If someone pays $300 for the set, then, like I said before, that is neglect on the buyer's part. The seller advertised just as one should. And he even included a few pictures.

On a side note, a few weeks back someone mentioned that a Reatta owner had been "taken advantage of" by a Reatta parts dealer on the purchase of a transmission shift cable.

The seller told the buyer that the shift cable was $XX, the buyer agreed to pay that price, and actually sent the money over Paypal to the seller.

A few days later, before the seller had shipped the item, the buyer found one cheaper. The buyer actually CANCELLED payment over Paypal.

This was very poor form on the part of the buyer. The buyer had agreed to purchase the cable at the price the seller named. If the buyer didn't want to pay that price, he should've done his research and found another cheaper one BEFORE he agreed and paid for the item from the seller.

"A fool and his money...."

And I gotta agree with Marck, a deal is a deal. If I could've done better elsewhere that's on ME not the seller and my word is my bond. I'd rather "lose" a little money and keep my ethical standards and reputation intact.