off topic on Pontiac Fiero

DAVES89

Was out at the local u pick and came accross the Fiero row. There are 24 cars all in a row.

Dave take some photos I have an 86 that has been sitting for about 10 years and I might start to restore it when I finish my Mustang. There are several parts I am going to need. Mostly trim like the belt line in black behind the rear wheels on both sides. Also any good sail windows on a GT. There was also a stubby antenna on the top of the car about 3 or 4 inches long. Any way take photos, might be a good source

Thanks

Chuck

Next time take pictures.......

I could use a pass side outside door panel in silver, I have a small gouge in mine....easier to replace than fix as long as the paint is not faded.

I can do that for you guys, it's just that I found it interesting that all the other cars are mixed together by brand, and then we have a row of Fieros all by themselves and all in a row. As a matter of fact they are in the "best" part of the yard, nice flat gravel base. I'm going to have to talk to Jesse [the end loader guy] as to why that is done that way. Maybe I can "bribe" him do to that with my stuff. [but then that would also make it too easy for 2seater and Jim [what to do what to do...]

What started this all off is that the counter guys asked me if it was just Rivs or Reattas that I was after as they just got in a real clean red Fiero. All it needed was a water pump which the guy didn't want to do, so off to the "corner" it went...

Guest Richard D

Padgett, You are correct but when my 84 2M4 caught fire twice the first time I pulled into a gas station grabbed an extinguisher and put it out. The second time I just pulled over and grabbed my stuff from the passenger compartment, then the fire put itself out. It was due to engine oil leaks hitting the exhaust system. 2.5 iron duke. (great farm tractor engine)

Why the recall included drip shields on the exhaust, a larger oil filter (PF 51 instead of a 47 AFAIR), and a remarked dip stick (to add another quart). Two quarts low (typical American) with a three quart fill was not good. On four quarts, not as bad.

Guest Richard D

First fire I was told that this is the first the dealer had heard of Fiero fires and I got stuck with the bill. Before the second one I received a certified letter on the recall and I would be reimbursed for my expenses. The second time they replaced the long block, among other stuff.

• 1 month later...

I went to youngs in goldsboro, NC yesterday and they just added a fiero. Now it's rarer to see in a yard than a reatta. Ive seen 2 junkyard reattas in eastern NC. It's silver V6 automatic. Everything is still there exept the battery and the 2 vent covers by the hood in the rear. It wasnt the body style of paul's yellow one in the pic. It had the smaller rear glasses

Paul's is a GT like mine, the SE has the smaller rear "window". You either like them or not, it is a car you wear and with the door open you can touch the ground even when buckled in.

4cyl/5 speed is more economical than the V-6 even though almost the same displacement, Isuzu is geared longer than the Getrag.

Frankly the Reattae get better MPG than mine & the steering (manual) is quite heavy.

The biggest problem is that the roofline is below the side window sill on many SUVs and they just do not see you alongside.