2012 BCA 500 National Meet Info

Guest CarolinaBuick2012

• 2 weeks later...

Monthly update: We are up to 54 cars and 65 registrants. So we picked up 5 cars this past month which is good.

As for the Host Hotel we are now at

92% of the Friday night room block is booked

76% of the entire hotel in total Friday night is booked to the BCA

95% of the total room block is booked.

Direct line to the host hotel Embassy Suites is 704-455-8200

I've also received a couple inquiries about storing cars in the Charlotte area around the event time frame. Apparently there is an AACA show in TN a few weeks earlier and also some people are considering sending the car ahead. There are probably numerous options related to storage of cars or cars and trailers at or near the 2012 National Meet location. I guess it depend on the requirements of the car owner (i.e. must be indoors, security, free vs. pay, proximity to the host location, etc, etc) So call me and we'll see what you need and start utilizing the local Buick network to see what options can work for you. I do ask that you contact me as early as possible as the closer to the meet the less time I will have to help.

I will note publicly on this forum that there is a car storage location near by called the Autobarn. Their website is AutoBarn Classic Cars : AutoBarn Classic Cars. They also sell cars on consignment which is their primary business. They are in a portion of a large old textile mill and the space for storage of cars is indoors, climate controlled and spacious. Obviously this is not a free storage option and I believe they charge $100-$120 per month per car. I assume you could probably negotiate shorter terms. The Carolina BCA and Carolina GSGN clubs just held a combined Christmas party at the Autobarn. I could inquire with the manager for some sort of BCA rate but I honestly think all that if an interested individual mentioned it was specifically related to the BCA and this event they would take good care of you without any help from me. I understand this option may not be at all what SOME people would want to do for storage but it is an option I can publicly offer on the forum.

And in case anyone care no one with the Carolina Chapter, etc has any interest in the business they are completely independent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CarolinaBuick2012

Alright here is the latest.

The host hotel, Embassy Suites, is completely sold out on Friday night of the event weekend. The BCA has 265 or so rooms of the 308, the rest belong to general guests. So any rooms booked (on Friday) from here out will be due to some one cancelling.

I had hope to be able to announce a BCA rate at an alternate hotel by today, but we're just not quite there yet. We have been negotiated with a hotel and have an agreement in principle, but just have to dot the i's and cross the t's on the contract. As soon as the BCA rate at the alternate hotel is available, we will let everyone know. We were caught a little off guard thinking we could get more rooms blocked at the host hotel not realizing they had booked so many to general guests. Our fault for this little hiccup but hopefully it should be resolved quickly and will only be a minor inconvenience.

Besides this alternate hotel that we are negotiating with there are about 7 or 8 additional hotels within a half mile of the host hotel having 1400 rooms so there is plenty of hotel space.

Thanks for the understanding and thanks everybody for planning to come, we do take this as a good sign that this will be a nicely attended meet!

Guest CarolinaBuick2012

UPDATE:

The host hotel for the 2012 BCA National is SOLD OUT. Unless someone cancels there are no more rooms available in this hotel.

The overflow hotel is directly adjacent to the host hotel, approximately 600 ft from the front door to the BCA Registration area in the host hotel. See the attached aerial photo with notes.

The overflow hotel information is

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte/Concord

7611 Scott Padgett Pkwy

Concord, NC 28027

(704) 453-2600

www.marriott.com/Concord

ROOM RATES - $129 for Monday-Thurs &, Sun, & $99 for Fri-Sat.

No breakfast or cocktails included like Embassy.

Free Wireless Internet included

It is recommended you contact the hotel directly via the number above and not via their 800 reservation line or website. Their 800 reservation line does not have the details on the $99 Friday-Saturday rate.

Also attached is a list of all the other hotels on the same exit as the host hotel, but we do not have room blocks at any of these.

post-76965-143138808007_thumb.jpg

Hotel Listing.pdf

Edited by CarolinaBuick2012 (see edit history)

Does the Embassy offer roll-away cots?

Sorta getting a little nervous.. I think I'm going to be calling again tomorrow and make sure I still have reservations!

Not sure on the cots, Marck

But just checked you're still their

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>BARKER, MARCK</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RALEIGH , NC </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXX </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Guest per Room: 1 Adults 0 Children</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Additional Guests:</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Stay Dates: 06/27/2012 - 07/01/2012</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Length of Stay: 4 nights</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Number of Rooms: 1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Not sure on the cots, Marck

But just checked you're still their

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>BARKER, MARCK</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RALEIGH , NC </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXX </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Guest per Room: 1 Adults 0 Children</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Additional Guests:</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td height="10">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Stay Dates: 06/27/2012 - 07/01/2012</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Length of Stay: 4 nights</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Number of Rooms: 1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ah good deal. I'll call the hotel and see what I can find out about the cots. I may be bringing a new member with me.

Are you able to see the confirmation number? I seem to have never gotten an email with that in it. Could you shoot that to me?

Ah good deal. I'll call the hotel and see what I can find out about the cots. I may be bringing a new member with me.

Are you able to see the confirmation number? I seem to have never gotten an email with that in it. Could you shoot that to me?

I cannot see confirmation numbers, sorry Marck.

• 1 month later...
Guest CarolinaBuick2012

Here is your friendly monthly update

Last month we had 68 cars on 89 Registrations

NOW

91 cars on 119 Registrations.

BCA 400 Point: 49

Display Only: 19

Archival: 9

Modified: 5

Drivers: 9

Senior: 16 (count incl in 400 pt total)

For comparison sake this is quite a few more cars and total registrations than the previous few National meets have had at the same point (either by date or weeks to go). We are certainly taking this as a sign that we have a good chance of getting to our 500 car / the biggest show since Flint in 2008 goal.

No change on oldest car registered, still a 1929 Roadster being driven from Ontario (Canada not California), and the newest, a 2008 Enclave.

We have (8) Reatta's registered and we have been at 8 Reatta's for a while. I'm sure we'll get more, but wanted to note it so that maybe it sparks so more registrations.

This last update may be not of too much interest to the Reatta folks but it's good news for the "Go Fast with Class" crowd. zMax Dragway has reinstated the "Drag and Brag Series" for 2012. Bad news, sorta, is that they moved it from Wednesday to Friday night, so it conflicts with the Buick Heritage Alliance Oehler Barn BBQ. So for those that don't remember this is an open to public chance to take your street car down the 4 lanes wide "Bellagio of drag strips", zMax Dragway from 5PM to 9PM Friday night. This not an BCA event but just something that is happening a 1/4mi from the host hotel that those attending can participate in if they so choose.

Edited by CarolinaBuick2012 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this meet!

I think we really should try to get 50 Reattas there. Several customers of mine are bringing theirs. I'm bringing two probably. I don't think it would be hard to reach 50 at this meet.

Who else is coming and driving a Reatta?

Well we will be there but will be driving a pick up, have to combine business with pleasure. can tape a Reatta hood ornament to the front. Have done that before. I see you are taking 2 Reattas, I might have to borrow one for the week.I would like a convertible please..lol

At the last report there were only 8 Reattas on the list and Marck if you are bringing 2, you are not on the list. You might want to check to see if there is an error.

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Well we will be there but will be driving a pick up, have to combine business with pleasure. can tape a Reatta hood ornament to the front. Have done that before. I see you are taking 2 Reattas, I might have to borrow one for the week.I would like a convertible please..lol

At the last report there were only 8 Reattas on the list and Marck if you are bringing 2, you are not on the list. You might want to check to see if there is an error.

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

If I had a convertible to lend, you could have it! :D

I haven't sent my registration in yet. I will probably be doing so after I get through taxes.

I have my hotel taken care of but have yet to send in the reservation. I need to get that done before leaving on the BDE tour in 3 weeks. We are taking the '91 black coupe on the tour and will also drive it to Charlotte and enter it. So you can add my Reatta to the list of almost registered.

I have my hotel taken care of but have yet to send in the reservation. I need to get that done before leaving on the BDE tour in 3 weeks. We are taking the '91 black coupe on the tour and will also drive it to Charlotte and enter it. So you can add my Reatta to the list of almost registered.

Awesome! It should be a good Reatta meet. Several low milage cars coming.

Mark Lob is planning to bring his '91 convertible with 2,000 miles, and one of my customers is bringing his '88 with 770 miles.

I can't wait! :D

Guest HessLakeGuy

To all:

We just visited the hotel and the racetrack on a quick visit down south.

This place is really, really nice............

Trying to decide which car to take this year.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A lot of talk and not much action. Let's not wait until the last minute to sign up for the meet or the Rendezvous. It takes some planning to put on an event and known numbers are important. The meet is less than a month away and most normal folks should know their schedule by now.

This Sunday's Reatta Rally will have about 14 owners with their cars in attendance. Considering the proximity of the BCA national meet in retrospect of the RDiv membership, there should be a minimum showing of triple that number.

There ya go...I threw out the challenge {for what it's worth :) }

Wow, 92 Reattas in 2003! That must have been extremely impressive to see. And here I was impressed at the number of Reattas lined up in a row at the Danvers Meet. I've always wanted a Reatta but you very rarely see any in the northeast.

I am however impressed that the 2012 Nationals will have 44 Rivieras (as of a count 4 days ago). That in my mind will be impressive to see, also.

Are any of the Reatta parts vendors going to have booths setup to sell their wares? If so where would that be?

Ronnie,

There are 30 vendors registered as of last week. They are registered by peoples names (not company names). The only one I recognize as a Reatta vendor is Marck, but admittedly not being a Reatta guy I probably would not recognize all the names of Reatta vendors.

The flea market will be located at the host hotel (Embassy Suites Concord) both outside in the West parking lot and inside in the Concord rooms I and J. Flea market folks can setup on Tuesday even though the meet offically starts Wednesday.

I will be inside. Planning on hitting the road early Wednesday to be in Charlotte by lunch.

I'll have quite a few nifty items. Some sets of NEW tail light letters will be for sale, CD player kits, rebuild headlight motors (with lifetime limited warranty for any car you please to put them on), new and used hood ornaments (all years incl. SS60), plus lots of other stuff. Stop by and check it out. :)

Guest Killerbunny
Had to work this year but I will definitely be in Charlotte in 2012!

It's beautiful...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/17/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)