Car Care Product Recommendation

Rawja

Over on the Allante Forum the users swear by a wax-type product called RejeX. I ordered some over the winter and this past weekend I finally got to try it out.

I washed and then clayed the horizontal surfaces on the my '88 Elegante and then set about Rejex-ing it; it is in a word, amazing. It doesn't have any grit to it so it doesn't do anything for scratches or oxidation, but it's got crazy reflectivity so the finish it imparts kinda overpowers the appearance of imperfections and oxidation in the finish. Next time I do one of my cars I'd like to compound and then apply, but in any case it really provided astounding results.

Took my car through a car wash afterwards on my way to a local Cadillac show and the water and soap practically leapt off the car. It's pollen season here and the green dusting that coats everything doesn't seem to be able to stick to the finish. Got a third place trophy at the show (not a 400-point event) and I've had fellow motorists chatting me up like never before over the past few days.

It's not expensive, not hard to buff off, only unusual thing is the car needs to stay inside protected from sun and elements for 12-24 hours after application for the product to polymerize. Can't wait to RejeX my Reatta.

IMG_5055.jpg

I'm an ICE man myself. What I like about ICE is it can be used on virtually all surfaces of the car. Rubber, flat paint, glass or chrome. I tried to find out if Rejex can do the same but I didn't find it addressed on their website. Does anyone know? I would like to see Rejex and ICE compared. Have you tried ICE Rawja?

I have tried a lot of the high dollar specialty waxes but none of them I have tried did a better job than ICE in shine and ease of use. Just my opinion.

I'll vouch for Rejex too. I thought I had mentioned it here sometime back but I guess not. I also use it on the glass to keep stuff from sticking to it. This stuff works, and hold up well since it was intended for aircraft use (at least originally). I bought mine from an aircraft maintenance supply outfit in Van Nuys CA.

KDirk

Guest Richard D

Speaking of black Reattas in sun belt areas that have to be kept outside(condo) what have you folks found that lasts longer than 3 to 4 weeks? So far I have tried Meguiars, Mothers, Turtle liquid(consumer reports) and all are about the same. Maybe a bit more gloss with Mothers. What do you think I should try next, Ice or Nu-Finish? I would like to move to a house with a garage but not practical.

Thank's

Richard, Miami Fl.

With a Black car ICE is the only way to go. No white dust or the need to use a tooth brush around the chrome. I honestly do not know how long it last since I find myself waxing more often since it is so easy to use.

I "go to my garage" open a beer and turn on a oldies station and wax my cars. Feel like a kid that has to go to his room!

Have Fun!

Guest Richard D

The Condo @$$holes won't even let me put up an anchored canopy. I have to wax at dusk when the sun is reduced and paint has cooled. I keep the 71 Skylark at a friends house who did it right, eight car garage.

I detail,on average, about 20 cars a year,May thru September. I use Zaino almost exclusively. It is a high quality paint sealant that lasts. A lot of my corvette customers wouldn't have any other product on their cars. On a whole they are a lot more anal than Reatta owners.