Finished the shirt design, is there any interest?

doity

I finally started on my idea for a Reatta logo shirt. My initial idea was to have a black shirt with red logo and lettering but it would not work with my limited tools. I came up with a nice design using the embroidered "R" logo from my floormat(s) that I scanned and digitially manipulated.

I was hoping I could also do a polo shirt version but for now I think just a basic white t-shirt is fine. There are other t-shirt design sites on the net but this is what I came up with this particular one:

sbkmfa.jpg

Any interest? Obviously prices drop if ordering in bulk. Say 10 or more would likely be around $15 or a bit more for a quality t-shirt. Then shipping to members would be extra too. So, if I get enough interest I could do a small run of 10 or so.

doity

Edited by doity
photo (see edit history)

Guest TheCapnVideo

Reatta is too large and the logo too small.

Red on Black sounds nice...

I can do that for you but you will have to buy 24 shirts.. Polo or t-shirts in any combination.

"Quality T-shirt" should be a foregone conclusion.

go HERE to see what i did for MG owners.

Reatta is too large and the logo too small.

go HERE to see what i did for MG owners.

Actually the image is hard to see from that view. I did not want to make the logo too big as it would show a lot of the imperfections as it came from my floormat and was not a perfect emblem as something scanned from a picture would be. Here is the image to get a better idea:

2vkcosi.jpg

If you want to try to make a better shirt, well be my guest. I appreciate the opinion though.

doity

Hi, I can mess around with it a bit more. I agree the lettering is a bit too long but if you look at a lot of other automobile logo shirts on the internet there is really no set rules.....some have the logo really big and the lettering small, and some have the lettering a lot bigger than the logo.

I do agree that it might look better centered across the shirt though. I still have to tweak it a bit. Thanks for the opinions.

Guest Richard D

Are the colors fixed? for some reason the blue/aqua just seems strange, I guess I am used to black lettering and logo R. That said I am for anyone who promotes our hobby/illness by offering clothing, parts, advice, Xanax, etc.

Guest TheCapnVideo

I thing that something can be worked out. My immediate response was I ant one, then I looked at the shirt and thought I don't want that logo on my chest and I DEFINITELY do not want it in white, followed quickly by I certainly do not want a promotional grade or lesser quality shirt at all!

PM sent.

Guest TheCapnVideo

Gimme a little time and maybe I can come up with a solution for you. This is whati do day in and day out... i own a promotional advertising agency... along with some other marketing companies...

Guest CL_Reatta

Did anyone ever make any T-shirts out of the design which had the front grill/lights? Its been many moons since that came up and dont remember if that ever made it to production?

Guest Kingsley

Doity - come what may, thanks for putting forth the effort you put in to offer the shirt. Perhaps a few changes and you may well have a winner. I will watch future posts.

Guest TheCapnVideo

Ok sorry for the delay I had paying customers to deal with first.

Here is my suggestion for a Reatta T-shirt...

Just finished drawing it from scratch...

yes the yellow background has 240 radials like the grille badge.

Three colors, White Yellow and Black on any color shirt you want, any style you want.

Jackets Sweatshirts and hoodies too.

Either full front or left breast, we will have to decide which, I need a total of 24 pieces, any combination, to go forward.

Anyone interested?

post-74670-143138503455_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheCapnVideo
none (see edit history)

Guest TheCapnVideo

I got a PM pointing out that my "paying customers" sounded like a put down. What I meant was that as a graphic artist I have to do the jobs that I have deadlines and commitments to before I can spend time "playing" with my cars and hobbies. Since I made the Reatta art on my time and no one asked for it, it wasn't a commissioned piece of art, it wasn't for a specific customer who had placed an order...

Anyway I apologize to anyone who thought I inferred anything about them, their car or their lifestyle.

If you would like this art on a shirt, jacket, coat, Tee, or hoodie or anything else, I am placing the costs up on MGBCalendar.com which will link you to the process.

In stead of selecting MG embroidery select Reatta 3-color screen print and add it to your shopping cart.

Might take me a few days to get the bugs worked out of the links but I'll get it done asap.

Sorry again if I sounded insensitive.

Reattas Rule... unless you want a 4 cylinder then it is all about MGB...

But that's just me.

Some day I may go hunting for a Reatta convertible.

Edited by TheCapnVideo (see edit history)

Guest TheCapnVideo

Orange? Hmmm

It is an interesting Gold color to me but I will go look outside right now and match up a better color. I used athletic Gold.

Should it be Left breast as an insignia or Full Front like a billboard or Full back and left breast?

I'm not a Reatta Division member but if I was I would be pointing out that the club has for sale logo t-shirts and hats with the original Reatta logo on them that looks great. Purchasing one of the club's shirts would be helping every member of the club. Maybe since I'm not a club member I have no reason to speak out about this but someone should.

Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America - Logo Wear - Reatta Clothing

Edited by Rawja (see edit history)

Guest TheCapnVideo

DOITY posted:

• Buying retail from Uberprints, I think they are too expensive
  • White Shirts only, I do not want white.
  • Low Quality Shirts, I won't buy cheap Tees
  • In one color, turquoise, my car is Black and I don't look good in Turquoise.
  • pricing them at $15 each plus shipping
  • Only as t-shirts
  • Requested opinions
  • Said "If you want to try to make a better shirt, well be my guest"

I offered to produce higher quality shirts with a better imprint for the same or similar pricing if DOITY was interested in using my services. My minimums and standards are different from UBERprint.

24 t-shirts at $10 each is $240 plus shipping same price as UBER but better quality, any color shirt, and a three color imprint. Additional cost for polos, sweats, windshirts and so on. You could get the pockets, polo shirts and other things you may want. If DOITY limits the choices to only white and turquoise with his old design, that is his prerogative.

If DOITY does not want me to produce the shirts for him, fine.

If DOITY doesn't want to use my online ordering system and supply chain, fine.

Edited by Rawja
My error in thinking it was Ronnie that PM'd me about the "paying customer" phrase. (see edit history)

Guest TheCapnVideo

From my PM with mane removed because he really does not need to be identified, he commented to me privately out of concern for his fellow forum members and I respect that.

My error is in putting the two of you together and thinking you were not letting it alone but it is worse than that you didn't have the common sense to try to deal with "it" privately and now have a mess. Nice Going Ronnie... Think that might be a mantra...

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXXXX

(Edited to remove identifying information. Initial sentence deleted.)

FYI by emphasizing "paying" customers instead of just customers did make it look like the forum has a bunch of deadbeats in it, I would assume a customer is a paying customer others are non-customers.

Regards

XXXXXX

No need to be offended I do not expect to make a ton of money off a few shirts for some friends but I do have to perform the work from which I receive my living before I can play with the Reatta.

What I meant was that no one paid me to spend 90 minutes drawing that logo from the badge on the front of my car.

Conversely I was paid to design the remittance response envelope for a Congressman, layout a magnet shaped like a water drop for a water damage restoration company and design an ice-cream shop logo, all of which were part of my day's work.

24 pieces of whatever anyone wants purchased through NewEnglandWear.com Shop. Save. Support a cause. as long as the imprint is the same size and all done at once. I just did a bunch of embroidery for my MG friends and shipping hurt. Priority mail is $5-12 depending on if I can fit them in a flat rate envelope or it needs to go in a box.

Cannot screen print polar fleece but I can do sweats. Cannot mix caps and shirts as the process is different.

XXXX XXXXX XXX XXXXX XXXX XXXX.

I will put up Reatta clothing on the mgbcalendar.com website as soon as I have the time.

I suggest you take a look at NewEnglandWear.com Shop. Save. Support a cause. and see what items you like. thanks for the input I am going to the thread and make an apology.

TheCapnVideo

Guest TheCapnVideo

Nice Going Ronnie...

Looks orange there but the original looks gold to me... on the car hood, on the wheels... maybe mine are faded a unique color.

The yellow in my design is athletic gold but in the JPG of this web site it looks positively lemon which is definitely too yellow. PMS colors never look quite right on the computer screen but I will match it up in early morning light... anyone know where DOITY disappeared to?

Guest TheCapnVideo

Well it is actually a faux cloisonne. Since I sell and custom design cloisonne grill badges for cars I can speak to the fact that it is not genuine. The variations of the coloration comes from imperfections in the enamel process and the metal substrate combined with the beveled reflective underlay which causes the light to refract through the polymer. It would be very difficult to duplicate with a screen print be4cause it "should" change at every motion or angle and glitter or reflective screening won't do it justice so yu have t take an average of the color spectrum it presents in sunlight and call it "good enough" For Embroidery you would use a metallic thread and allow the stitches themselves to create the illusion. That would still be quite a project because you are talking about 10,000 stitches for a 2.5 x 2.5 emblem. LOTS of holes in a piece of fabric in a small area!

If someone has the original REATTA Tajima file for embroidery that would be nice to get our hands on! If I was to re-digitize the logo it wouldn't be cheap the first time out. Just did it for MG which was a whole lot simpler.

My model Tamara displays the MG logo on the color block baseball tee. This item was $14 but it has been discontinued, the color combination is no longer available.

post-74670-143138504281_thumb.jpg

Guest TheCapnVideo

a few more views...

Embroidery IS an option but not one that we have discussed in detail yet here.

post-74670-143138504289_thumb.jpg

post-74670-143138504298_thumb.jpg

post-74670-143138504307_thumb.jpg

post-74670-143138504315_thumb.jpg

Well it is actually a faux cloisonne. Since I sell and custom design cloisonne grill badges for cars I can speak to the fact that it is not genuine. The variations of the coloration comes from imperfections in the enamel process and the metal substrate combined with the beveled reflective underlay which causes the light to refract through the polymer....

Just curious - what does it cost to set up and run some cloisonne emblems? I am thinking of something like the ones on the wheel center caps that are simply a stamped foil that is encapsulated with a hard plastic. (Car Motorsports already has a repro hood emblem. So no need to reinvent that wheel.)

Guest CL_Reatta

Where the heck were ya when I had my MG!? I was looking all over for such apparel but couldnt find any!...oh well...this fall I should have my British desires filled once again...although I must disagree...Midget is where it's at...I dont want a British car that I can simply just sit down into lol

I'm not a Reatta Division member but if I was I would be pointing out that the club has for sale logo t-shirts and hats with the original Reatta logo on them that looks great. Purchasing one of the club's shirts would be helping every member of the club. Maybe since I'm not a club member I have no reason to speak out about this but someone should.

Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America - Logo Wear - Reatta Clothing

Ronnie, Thanks you are correct the Reatta Division does have a quality line of Logo Merchandise that is sold to help the Reatta Division of the BCA. It is always available to members on line as well at the National Meets.

Contact information is always in the Reatta Division Newsletter that we print quarterly. You can view them at www.reatta.org

Thanks

Chuck Kerls

Guest TheCapnVideo

Alas!

www.reatta.org comes up

"Network Timeout

The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.reatta.org.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply."

WWS94

I am in the process of creating a replacement MG grille badge as genuine cloisonne it fits in the plinth on the front of the car and will retail for about $50. If you are truly interested in creating something give my office a call and we can discuss the details for 100 or so badges. The wheel centers are HUGE and plastic. I do not think Cloisonne is appropriate for curb scrapers, WAY too expensive. The item for the hood of the Reatta is pretty large and would be gorgeous as cloisonne but danged expensive.

CL_Reatta:

Hit up my mgbcalendar.com website.

I will have an article in British Marque next month and the following two or three months as well. If I could get the Midget owners behind the project I would produce Midget calendars like I do the MGB and MGA. I think T-series is next. The clothes are available... the logo is embroidered at a slight rotation counterclockwise.

DOITY has not responded here since his initial message.

I corrected my art for an overall average color correction of the sunburst, it truned out to be PMS burnt orange color 7413.

post-74670-143138509132_thumb.jpg

post-74670-143138509135_thumb.jpg

Guest TheCapnVideo

yup it is working now.

No thanks on the Cap.

No Thanks on a 50/50 T-shirt... for $15

The Sweatshirt and Polo are embroidered? still a bit high considering I can't have the brand and color I want.

Guest TheCapnVideo

Well personally I would go for the MGB GT V8 but scarcer than hen's teeth.

The supercharged 4 cylinder is no slouch though and available in GT or B Coupe.