National Nailhead Day !

Guest BigDogDaddy

Guest BigDogDaddy

Today's Date is 4/01/11, or 401 for short. So Happy National Nailhead Day !!

Today we celebrate the Buick 401 Nailhead. If you own something powered by one of these fine engines, take it out and enjoy it. But most important, show everyone how great the Buick Nailhead is !

Guest BigDogDaddy

Yeah it was meant as April Fools silliness. I actually thought of it for March 22 - 322, but too much overtime at work kept me from posting it here.

We can dream about having a National Nailhead Day can't we ? Besides, it's a good excuse to get the car out and appriciate it.

I love the pics...keep em coming !

Phil

Well . . . WE can designate as many "National Nailhead Days" as we might like! WHO says we can't??? In addition to the "normal" 3-22, 4-01, 4-25 days, there'll also need to be some recognition for the "other sizes", too. For those, the particular date chosen to honor one or all could be decided totally "free-form"!SURELY, WE CAN FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, HERE!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Here's the pimped 401 in the '61 Invicta.

Engine.JPG

Unfortunately, we still have wet and snow here, so it is too early for some of us to celebrate a Nailhead day. Alternatively, I could possibly raise a glass to toast the vertical valve engine configuration. I could also peruse photos and literature about them....

To "honour" a Buick Nailhead engine, you don't necessarily have to DRIVE the car, it seems to me. This frees-up the schedule a great deal for those in the more distant-from-the-Equator parts of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres!

One way would be to go out and "fire it up" and let it run for a good while . . . which will probalby do it good, plus get some fresher gasoline the lines. Or course, some "revving-up" would be in order, to sling some oil around inside of the motor to ensure the cam/lifter surfaces got some fresh oil on them. PLUS the higher rpms will help flush the accumulated condensate from the exhaust system and muffler!

Another would be to pay homage to the efforts of others as you search YouTube for Buick Nailhead videos! There's even a Nailhead rebuild video on v8TV.com!

End result . . . using the cooler weather as a reason to NOT celebrate National Nailhead Day(s) just doesn't work--period! Toasting the Nailhead with "sparkling beverages" can be appropriate, too, but also with responsible use of such liquids.

I would have suspected y'all would have jumped at the chance to configure our own set of "Buick-specific" holidays during the year, but it seems that many want to find reasons to NOT celebrate them. Be that as it may . . .

YEE HAAWWWWW!! NATIONAL NAILHEAD DAY(S), THEY'RE A COMING!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Guest wildcat465

Doggone it. I don't have any 401's any more. I really hope I can get into the pole barn by the 25th. Then I will get out the dewl kwad and throw some dinosaur bones out the tailpipes.

Derek, I am currently hoisting a cold one right now in the garradge (as you say it) while I type this with my right index finger. Sitting on that nice wooden stool conveniently close to that barley pop dispenser. (Remember the night you sat there?) Staring at the 66 Rivvie and wondering when I will drive that one.

You 56-58 guys and some of you 59-61 guys will have to wait until May 3rd (3-64, get it?) to celebrate.

Happy Nailhead Day to all of you! Whatever day it is.