Ebay Parts

Bill Stoneberg

Guest wildcat465

I am mostly impressed that you found them amid the HID light kits, turbo kits and all of the other junk on there.

You can filter most of that stuff out by choosing the "Auctions Only" tab at the top of the page, or selecting "Used" in the search refining terms on the left side of the page. You end up missing some stuff doing it that way, but I don't like wading through 2500 car covers and turbo kits, O2 sensors, etc.

I search for "1950 Buick" - nude -wholesale - dice and look in title only.

I may miss stuff that way but it gets rid on most of the 25 million pieces of junk that everyone wants to sale. BTW, the used fan belt was going for $40 + 25 shipping and handling.

I search for "1950 Buick" - nude -wholesale - dice and look in title only.

How do you expect to contribute to Girls on Buick's using that search.

Yea, I finally figured out to go through my old simple search of 1954 Buicks and see what junk I DIDN'T want to see every time I searched. I discovered that excluding the words fits and cover takes care of about 90% of what I don't need to see. My current search is 1954 Buicks -fits -cover. (I have enough cheap car covers).

But honestly, I never had any problem with nude anything appearing coming up. Maybe I'm not signed into the right ebay.

Yea, I finally figured out to go through my old simple search of 1954 Buicks and see what junk I DIDN'T want to see every time I searched. I discovered that excluding the words fits and cover takes care of about 90% of what I don't need to see. My current search is 1954 Buicks -fits -cover. (I have enough cheap car covers).

Wow. It took this long for me to figure this out?

Thanks, Lamar.

Guest wildcat465
Having my good buddy Al Kohol along usually helps....

I liked that guy. Will he be around on Labour or Labor or Labrador Day? What the heck do you call that Day anyhow???

I liked that guy. Will he be around on Labour or Labor or Labrador Day? What the heck do you call that Day anyhow???

Labour Day Craziness...I'm sure we could locate Al. He isn't hard to find...unless perhaps y'all spend Saturday night in Steinbach...speaking of Bible Belt.

One on there now pontiac key fits buick. Why the hell cant e-bay police some of this crap. Bill

In general, this can be a very valid situation!

UNLESS the particular key has a vehicle brand-specific head on it, the main way the key is defined is by the horizontal grooves/cuts on the key's "shank" (the part of the key which actually enters the lock cylinder). This addresses whether or not the key will fit and work in the particular lock cylinder, not the "cut code" which would further make the tumblers do there thing so the lock cylinder will turn.

For example, on the more modern "H" blank, there was the normal "GM" "H" blank with the "GM" logo on it. Then there was what I termed the "BUICK H", which had a much larger head for easy gripping and turning the key in the cylinder by "aged hands" (my interpretation), but "GM" on it. A few years later, it seems that there was another "H" blank with a different grip area shape, or a longer shank to clear some body cladding on particular vehicles' deck lids.

In more recent times, for more current models, each carline division can have their own logo on the plastic key head, but the same shank. Chevy pickups, GMC pickups, and various cars. Only difference is the plastic casting on the basic metal key blank, but each have their own respective GM part number. Keys which have hidden transponders have a unique marking on the shank, just below the "gripping area". From the aftermarket vendors for keys, rather than the OEM-brand-specific key, they'll sell one with a generic "GM" logo on it.

Respectfully,

NTX5467