The convertible earned it's stripes today!

NCReatta

I had my convertible re-striped today. And not with the cheap tape stuff. Painted stripes. I removed all the old stripes, and had a man come out and do them all nice and new. :D It looks better than the Crafte Centre one's ever looked, I think. The guy even mixed up special paint to match my new top! :cool: :D

The pictures truly don't do it justice, it looks WAY better in person. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time the man was working. It looks fantastic. :D

Pictures:

BEFORE::

IMG_6889.JPG

IMG_6888.JPG

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6885.JPG

IMG_6884.JPG

NEW STRIPES::

IMG_6902.JPG

IMG_6901.JPG

IMG_6903.JPG

IMG_6904.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

I told him I was very particular about how I wanted it, and that I wanted it to look just like the old stripes, but better. The man exceeded my expectations. all the lines match up exactly where the old ones did. Everything it jsut like it should be. The way I like it. :cool:

Enjoy! :D

Marck,

Beautiful! When I first got my 91, it had partially redone stripes in vinyl (looked very bad). The part that wasn't done over was original paint and badly faded. When I did the repaint, I had the strips put on before the clear coat, and they turned out great.

Amazing what ratty pin-stripes do to lessen the quality of the cars appearance.

KDirk

Marck you have a really good looking car with the top and the new striping and the care you are giving and old car. I think I know what you are up to though. How many of the girls are chasing you now, how many do you want. I can remember years ago when I tried the same thing. It all ended when I said those magic words......I DO and I have ever sense

Have fun this summer in your drop top and drive friendly

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! :D It's really starting o come together nice!

It looks horrible right now cause of all this horrid yellow crap flying around, but a hose makes quick work of that junk. That's tomorrow morning's job.

I figured Marck scored a hot prom date too. :)

Oh yeah, hot prom date. ;):cool: But sadly, we home schoolers don't really have a "Prom" to go to (unless you want to pay an arm and a leg). Maybe I can get a picture of me with my hot "prom date" and the 'vert and post it here. ;):D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steveskyhawk

Marck,

Don't worry about Proms and Prom Dates. They are expensive and they are no fun for the guys. Remember this: "You can't buy love, but you sure can rent it."

Marck,

Don't worry about Proms and Prom Dates. They are expensive and they are no fun for the guys. Remember this: "You can't buy love, but you sure can rent it."

My dad used to add "boats and airplanes" to the list.

a great striper is alot like a great stripper. I had my TR-6 done by a guy who looked like he'd been smelling a lot of paint, but wow what result.

Tom T.

Guest daveagain909

I have seen and was there watching Marck's car getting pin striped, It really is a great job... VERY NICE one of the best i have seen.

Guest steveskyhawk

Last Monday I had a striper party at my house. He striped 2 freshly painted Reattas and I had him lay the black fog line on 2 sets (8) of white Select 60 wheels that had just been refinished. Stated at 8:30 AM and finished at noon.

Stripers are artists and are understandably eccentric. I gave him an idea of what I wanted and went back in the house. I chose a stock stripe on my polo green car and allowed the striper to choose the color and weight of the stripe on my black car. All done with a brush and steady hand.

The temptation to "watch" as Marck and Dave did is strong but I went in the house and left him alone with bottled water and directions to the Lav. Next time I suggest drilling a hole in the wall or peeking through the blinds from inside. There is usually a 50% surcharge for watching. If you have never seen it done it is worth it.

In one of the videos of the Craft Centre, maybe in the 3 dvd set, they showed the pinstriping being done on a car. They had a pattern that pressed against the side of the car, and the striper came along and brushed them on.

I found a Reatta in a PickNPull a while back that had gotten one of the fenders replaced. (Different VIN on the fender VIN decal than on the car.) The replacement fender was the same color as the rest of the car, but the pinstripes did not line up between the fender and the door. They were off by maybe 1/2" or more. So it seems that *exact* placement was not very critical.

Guest StephLand

Noticed that you mention at the bottom of your posts that you have parts. Sadly, I'm having to sell my '90 Reatta Coupe due to a job transfer (can't take it with me). It's only got 115,000 miles and is in super excellent condition except for the fact that somehow I lost the emergency brake pedal cover. Don't know how that happened. Don't think I've ever even used the emergency brake!! Anyway thought I'd see if you happened to have one and how much it would cost.

Love the pics of your car. I so hate to lose mine. I've had it since 1990 - single owner! I'm really tempted to find a storage facility and store it. :o) Probably not practical though. Oh well.

I need to figure out how to add the pictures. New to this and haven't explored all the options yet.

I need to figure out how to add the pictures. New to this and haven't explored all the options yet.
How to post pictures here on the forum:

1. Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the standard message box.
  2. Enter a message in the advanced message box to describe your pictures.
  3. Scroll down to "Attach Files" and click on the "Manage Attachments" button. A new window will pup up.
  4. Click the "Browse" button in the new window and navigate to your picture on your hard drive, click once to select it, and click the "Open" button.
  5. Click the "Upload" button.
  6. Repeat clicking on the "Browse" buttons to upload more pictures.
  7. Close the new window when you are done uploading photos.

How to post pictures here on the forum:

1. Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the standard message box.
  2. Enter a message in the advanced message box to describe your pictures.
  3. Scroll down to "Attach Files" and click on the "Manage Attachments" button. A new window will pup up.
  4. Click the "Browse" button in the new window and navigate to your picture on your hard drive, click once to select it, and click the "Open" button.
  5. Click the "Upload" button.
  6. Repeat clicking on the "Browse" buttons to upload more pictures.
  7. Close the new window when you are done uploading photos.

Ive found it's easier if you also resize your picture(s) to about 800x600 pixels. But that can be a little diffucult sometimes too..

Noticed that you mention at the bottom of your posts that you have parts. Sadly, I'm having to sell my '90 Reatta Coupe due to a job transfer (can't take it with me). It's only got 115,000 miles and is in super excellent condition except for the fact that somehow I lost the emergency brake pedal cover. Don't know how that happened. Don't think I've ever even used the emergency brake!! Anyway thought I'd see if you happened to have one and how much it would cost.

Love the pics of your car. I so hate to lose mine. I've had it since 1990 - single owner! I'm really tempted to find a storage facility and store it. :o) Probably not practical though. Oh well.

Thanks!! :) of I was in CA I might buy yours! Perhaps when you finish your move you can start your llol for another one! :)