Need a fabricator for a 1930 60 series water tube.

michaelod

Does anyone know of a good fabricator who would be willing to create a new water tube for a 1930 60 series (master) 6 cylinder engine. This is the tapered tube that sits on top of the engine and is part of the cooling system. I have attempted to repair mine but it is unfortunately beyond the point where it can be fixed. I can supply the original as a pattern and am willing to pay whatever is necessary (within reason) for a new one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So the pipe is finished and will be sent to Mike this week.

I hope you will be happy, Mike. Please let OTHERS know if you are happy; if not, let ME know.

I have one more readily available that would fit 1930 Master (per Mikes pattern), so if anybody is interested, let me know. The guy who made it is willing to do more. Need patterns though....

Josef at pepcak@volny.cz

post-42602-143138460097_thumb.jpg

Guest buckfarmer

Mike,

Did the finished pipe turn out well. I'm sure that there are others here that would like to know

Neil

Actually I have not yet received the water tube yet. Shipping from the Czech Republic takes 3 to 4 weeks so I am not expecting to see it until sometime later this month. If you need one of these (and nearly everyone restoring one of these cars does) it will be virtually impossible to locate a good one. I have come across 4 of these tubes in the last couple of years and every one of them was rusted out beyond repair. Having one made was an expensive proposition but I really had no other choice. There is a lot of hand work that is required to create these from scratch. I sent Josef an original 1930 Master series water tube for a pattern and let him keep it as I have another that is in poor condition as well. I will let you know how well the new one fits once I receive it.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
Guest jules greenway

Great to see these things being made in different parts of the Buick Empire!

Jules

• 4 weeks later...

Pepcak, I also have a large Buick water distribution tube that is pretty banged up. It does not leak I have called around to see if I can get someone to take dents out and plate it back to Nickle. Another option would be a replacement similar to the one you had made. Even though most of the other Buicks that use my model water pipe have dents I am not sure how many would order because their just is not many engines left.. This pipe would only fit the 1914-15-16 331 cubic inch 55 seies car. Since it is similar in length and diameter to the one made I have 3 questions, what is the material that it is made of? will it need to be plated to look original ? and rough pricing? Michael

Michael,

the pipe my friend is making is made of thin stainless steel pipe and polished. No need to plate it, the finish is (in my opinion) CLOSE enough to nickel plating. For the price - despite I would like to collect as many orders as possible we are realistic and willing to do them piece by piece. The rough dollar number is in your PM mailbox.

Josef

Guest ProgressCity

Add me to that list of people that're very interested in one.

Josef, I sent you a PM and e-mail as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I personally had Josef make one on these pipes for me and was very pleased with the quality of the work. Not all of us are machinists and need assistance from professionals from time to time. The price was within reason based on the amount of amount of work involved. Josef is a straight shooter and a frequent contributor to the forum here.

Edited by Rawja
re-context (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

So just recently we started 3 pipes for 1929/30 Master Six engine. Anybody interested? Other types can be built too upon pattern supplied. Email me at pepcak@volny.cz.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-return-pipe-for-1920s-1930s-Buick-or-another-vehicle-of-20s-30s-/200817129338?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec1a2377a&vxp=mtr

Josef

Edited by pepcak (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil Cordery

I also need a pipe for a 1926 Master 6, this is a smaller version of the pipe shown & only has 3 branches on the head input side, can provide a pattern , costs please, have also sent an E mail.

Thanks Phil.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...