Who made this emblem?

Guest ClassicsFan

Irit,

that was a good catch on the identification

I've often wondered about the status of the old-car hobby in Israel - my sister-in-law is a Sabra, originally from TelAviv and always enjoys my visits to New Jersey with one of the cars.

Guest ClassicsFan

Wow.... thank you so much - Akichu. I would have NEVER found it. I am indebted to you.

But this brings me a new problem.... the grille this emblem is on, does not resemble any Austin's I looked at. Its flat and is about 38 inches long x 8 wide.... I wish I had loaded the grille too. It will have to wait til I get home, unless you can help me further.

Edited by ClassicsFan (see edit history)

H i Marty

Like in all other areas we are young compared to you, so as the hobby of collecting & car restoration. The whole thing started only in 1989 when the Department of Transportation agreed to give a special status to car older than 30 years, that included benefits & minor restrictions. Since the last 10 years the hobby is gaining momentum, there is also much more awareness among people in general and with the authorities in particular.

Irit

Wow.... thank you so much - Akichu. I would have NEVER found it. I am indebted to you.

But this brings me a new problem.... the grille this emblem is on, does not resemble any Austin's I looked at. Its flat and is about 38 inches long x 8 wide.... I wish I had loaded the grille too. It will have to wait til I get home, unless you can help me further.

No, u don't have any problem at all, as after rechecking this, the grille and the round shape emblem belong to the Austin America, 59,500 of them were made exclusively for export to the U.S.A

b8iimqcgkkgrhqzhoeyrpzt.jpg

1970austinamericahills.jpg

Restorer32,

Irit,

What a great Idea -- Touring in Israel !

Great weather from may through October (get away from Huirricane season in New Orleans)

So many Historic Sites !

Now if we can just get Bibi to fund a bridge so we could drive there---

post-54863-143138353606_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138353608_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138353872_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138353873_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138353882_thumb.jpg

This is correct, except in July & August the temperature range between 100-113 degrees

Yes there are lots of interesting & historical sites, here are two pictures of our members' cars, can you identify the sites?

Irit

34642074.jpg

51708597.jpg

This is correct, except in July & August the temperature range between 100-113 degrees

Yes there are lots of interesting & historical sites, here are two pictures of our members' cars, can you identify the sites?

Irit

The top photo is of Jerusalem. I don't know the city at all, but The Dome of the Rock mosque is clearly visible.

The lower photo is of the Roman aqueduct at Caesarea.

Those are 2 lucky Minors! :)

I guess many American collector car enthusiasts know only of the Sabra Sport, the Reliant-based convertible sports car from the only Israeli auto manufacturer, Autocars Co.

sabarasportqq4bf8.jpg

However this manufacturer also produced other models which were very popular in Israel

Such as the Sussita Carmel

800pxautocarinisraelpho.jpg

The cubic Sussita

168236110166621960sabra.jpg

They all were fiberglass-shelled cars

camels found the fibreglass used in the cars' body appetizing, and would often gnaw or eat away parts of the car, explaining why these cars were often seen with chunks missing from their exterior. So if any one of you Corvette owners is planning to visit Israel & drive it in the south part, beware of the camels;)

Dave@Moon – correct

The Morris minor Traveller 1960 is viewing the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock mosque

jer1e.jpg

The Morris minor convertible 1953 is indeed viewing the Roman aqueduct at Caesarea

caesare1.jpg

Irit

• 3 weeks later...