Happy Birthday Honey.

Shop Rat

This story is posted at the request of Terry Bond.

Before I started judging at the Blackburg Meet I was chatting with a longtime friend and National Director (who shall remain nameless) who shared with me that his wife's birthday was this week. He said that he told her he knew that he would be very busy but he wanted her to take their tow vehicle, and his credit card, and to go shoppping and enjoy the day. And since she is an educator that she might enjoy touring the Va. Tech campus. :)

It sounded like such a nice gesture. Right up until he got the call that started with, "D**N it!! The power steering pump just blew and there is power steering fluid all over the engine compartment!" :eek:

To make it up to her, yet again, he decided to give her a special birthday present last night. Two bottles of power steering fluid. :rolleyes::D

Susan, think about this..if he had been a cheapskate, he'd have had under the hood with a sponge mopping up the old fluid and filtering it so it could be reused... here he is, Mr. Generous, and gives her all new fluid!!!B:D

Wasn't he being kinda frugal, giving her just the fluid when she needed a pump too??

This guy has a wonderful, twisted sense of humor. :D I am surprised however he didn't tell me the story from recently applied body cast. :eek: Guess there were too many folks that would have come looking for him if he didn't show up at the Judges Breakfast. :rolleyes:

Guest 1hooligan

Don't know what the problem is? As stated he sent her shopping, and I am sure told her to buy the very best!! No cheap knock offs for his lady. What more should a wife ask for?

A few years ago while visiting a friend he was showing me around the garage and his progress on his MG restoration. He asked if I wanted a beer and proceeded to draw me one from a brand new beer-meister in the corner. He said that he bought it for his wife for her birthday. :rolleyes: