How many of you have ONLY an antique car or truck?

keiser31

Let's say...for this question's sake...that an auto or truck is an antique at 25 years old (like old school definition). How many of you have ONLY an antique vehicle to depend on and none newer than 25 years old??

Newest car here is 40 years old. :) I'm serious

3 years ago, my daily car was 50 years old.... I guess I'm progressing:confused:

Keiser; I like the way you defined "antique". I am one of those that defines antique as mid 30s and older :rolleyes: ..ok, maybe prewar..

Guest Hinckley

Until this past spring my wife and I spent 26 years of marriage driving older vehicles. We added a 1998 Cherokee this year but our primary transportation before this was a 1973 Olds and a 1968 Dodge pick up truck.

When were dating I drove a 1946 GMC and we double dated in a 1926 Ford. Daily drivers in our household have included a 1949 Chevy panel truck, 1950 Chevy truck, 1951 Chevy truck, 1964 Dodge truck, 1955 Ford Fairlane, and 1972 Impala.

Guest mercman86

I dont, but a buddy of mine drives a 1963 Chevy c10 pickup everywhere rain or shine. He bought that last winter when the 1967 c10 that he drove for the last 20 years nearly cracked in two pieces due to severe frame rot. Over that time he estimated he drove at least 300,000 miles on that '67 and had gone through the original motor only once. During the summer he drives a 1977 Trans am. His wife drives an '02 Jeep cherokee but thats always sittin in our shop taken apart.

Guest kaycee

:)My newest turned 25 with the 2010 models out (a '85 Riviera). My others are a '71 Corvette conv, a '28 Pontiac 4dr, and a '27 Marmon Little 8 2dr sedan. I'm the second owner of the 46,000 mile Riv, and it's been a great car being the latest of six Rivieras and of fourteen Buicks I've owned.

:)kaycee

Guest mercflyer

I have a lot of fun with my wife with this one. My daily driver is a '07 GMC 4wd extended cab (leased) but under my company name. The only car I have licenced under my name is a chopped '50 merc. & soon to be '21 Dodge touring. When something comes up about vehicles I remind her that all I have to drive is a work truck or a used car with no paint (black primer). A roll of the eyes from her is the usual response.

Guest Orphanauto

Up until I bought a new Harley in 97, I never drove anything newer than 1964. I haven't driven the Harley in over 3 years, My wife has a 97 Dodge that we inherited when my grandfather passed away, for me, I drive my 53 Kaiser, or one of my other cool old classics, nothing but the best, well let's face it, they were made tio be driven, and I do tkae care of them.

Guest 68firebird

for awhile (a few years) I was driving a old Triumph Spitfire as my only car. But that got old of after it always had problems so I switched over to a more dependable car.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Ontario it's almost impossible to drive an antique year round as they will disintergrate from the salt & slush. I had my 1997 Ford Explorer on the hoist today to see what it needed. Inner rockers rusted away almost, rear spring shackles rusted through. Front torsion bar mounts rusted,rear cargo floor rusted through. It's going to be scrapped. Anybody need a nice Eddie Bauer interior, or 4 wheel drive components? I think someone is going to buy the wheels & tires!