75th Anniversary AACA Rooms

oldwood

................Will this be a BIG show???

You betcha! Any AACA member that misses this meet, shame on him. The meet will be held "inside" a temperature controlled building. There will be tours and other activities to excite everyone. Right now the Tidewater Region in Virginia is planning on touring as a group, through three states on the way to the host hotel, with stops along the way of exciting secret garages and car collections.;):D

Join the AACA! Don't miss the ACTION!!:cool:

Wayne

You betcha! Any AACA member that misses this meet, shame on him. The meet will be held "inside" a temperature controlled building. There will be tours and other activities to excite everyone. Right now the Tidewater Region in Virginia is planning on touring as a group, through three states on the way to the host hotel, with stops along the way of exciting secret garages and car collections.;):D

Join the AACA! Don't miss the ACTION!!:cool:

Wayne

Sounds like the hosts of this event had better get out their tape measures and start figuring out just how many spaces will be available for the cars in the show. :) While the facility appears to be HUGE one has to wonder just how many cars, trucks & busses it can actually hold? Then there are the areas needed for the banquets, meetings, seminars, etc. No doubt the hosts have been and will continue to work hard to make this a very memorable event.

Now that the host hotel is booked that begs the question.... Is there a list of other hotels that are close by that AACA members who still need a room can contact?????? If so, where is that list of alternate hotels hiding?

AACA had a show in this same facility maybe 15? years ago. The building could, I'd guess, easily hold 1000 vehicles or more. I do remember that despite it being a witheringly hot day my wife was complaining about the chill in the building. Friday evening's activity was a river cruise on the "Belle of Louisville" riverboat, which promptly sank at her dock several weeks (months) after our visit. Looking forward to judging in that facility again though different wife this time around. I'll tell her to bring a sweater.

The Kyana Region is working hard to make it a memorable event. We're getting pretty excited about it. My region (Tidewater) is indeed planning a tour to Louisville. We picked a name for it recently - "From Saltwater to Firewater." The indoor facility is really nice! Can't wait!

Terry