O/T: Scooter Thread

padgett

150 - the powertrain alla them Chinese scooters are copying right down to the belt driven CVT.

Considering that it started out blue, was painted red with a brush, half of the fasteners are missing, and the flat rear tire was fixed with a plug (had a tube), there is a little more to be done but was cheap & when done will know what I have. All of the major bits (engine, trans, retractable headlamp) work properly and have found no corrosion. Even the wheels look good.

Have a new pair of Michelins on a slow truck from Oregon but not in any rush. Does need some cosmetics and will probably paint white to match everything else.

Incidentaly, the wierd looking front end is because there is a radiator and retractable headlamp (same size as Reatta so is a SilverStar in its future) up there. 150 cc water cooled single with CVT. Air horns are waiting.

Guest Richard D

Padgett, When I was 14 much to my parents horror I got hold of a Honda 160cc twin cylinder with electric start, white walls and chrome sides on the gas tank. It did put out more than the maximum five brake horsepower allowed by my new restricted driver licence but the Florida DMV gave me the R-XXXX tag. It ran so smooth, was built like a watch. For the two years I had it the total repairs were $0.00, just gas and oil. Sold it for more than I paid for it. I bet your Honda will have the same qualitys.

Padgett:> have an 04 linhai yamaha copyed scooter. No spark> I have replace all of the componets:> stator/magneto:> coil:> cdi unit. still no spark. Time for another visit. Ken

Michelin tires arrived. Are "J" (62 mph) rated. All 10" seem to be J rated. 100 kph is enough for me.

This one is to learn if I still have enough balance to ride a bike & was cheap. Cannot do more damage if drop than already there.

Cool weather seems to be starting, prolly get tire on and reassemble tonight.