How come?

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

If Buicks are for "old" people and some think should be killed instead of Pontiac, how come I have seen "rice rockets" in our area and, as of this morning, a new F150 pickup with portholes added to front fenders?

Looks to me like old slow drivers have switched from Buicks to Hondas and Nissans. See a traffic jam? Chances are there is some past prime driver in a Honda tying things up.

BTW, saw Portholes on a new Caddy two days ago, and that driver was NOT going slow!!!

Buick portholes and similar diamond and other weird shaped portholes are on everything in Chicago from Navigators to Kias. They are sold at Walmart and most auto parts stores, and I'm sure most idiots that put them on a non-Buick have no clue that these are/were a Buick trademark. Especially considering I have seen idiots putting them on the bottom of the quarterpanel and even on "A" pillars.

I was actually going to put some on my Regal until they started showing up on everything. Now I don't want them.

My Brother, Ted, works in Baltimore, MD and lives in PA, drives 42 some miles everyday and sends me pics of cars with portholes, all kinds of different cars, I see them all the time too, on the way from Flint to Pontiac, MI, doesn't seem to matter what vintage or car version, just wanna be Buicks, I guess!

My Brother, Ted, works in Baltimore, MD and lives in PA, drives 42 some miles everyday and sends me pics of cars with portholes, all kinds of different cars, I see them all the time too, on the way from Flint to Pontiac, MI, doesn't seem to matter what vintage or car version, just wanna be Buicks, I guess!

It's not wanna be Buicks. As I said, most people that put these on their cars have no clue that this a Buick trademark. It is just the latest bling that they have to put on their car because everyone else does.

I'm just glad that the "pissing Calvins" peeing on a Ford or Chev or what ever seem to be going away.

People have always borrowed flashes of flair from other vehicles....hell i just saw a Super Bee Smart Car last week, yellow with the black stripe.

There outta be a law.....

1954 Model 60 John Deere

635_trac_66_1954_John_Deere_Model_60_tractor.jpg

What a year that was..... ;)

Look at that extra plush seat and toothy green grille. That space just above the John Deere emblem is just screaming for a set of 4 portholes. :D

:eek: OOOWWWCCCCHHHHHH.........Portholes in Lawn mowers are OK. But don't let ol Dandy Dave catch you doin that to a REAL genuine vintage John Deere Tractor. Talk about a point reduction..... at least a half dozen redneck farmers "green" with envy will be knockin on your door. (After the Moon Shine takes affect) You better hide in the hen coupe......if'en you knows whats good fer ya... Heh heh heeh..( Evil Laugh)....Dandy Dave!

I think what we are seeing is a desire from people to see something stylish on their cars, including the return of chrome.

Cars have been dechromed and taken up such a generic rounded-edge style that a Hyundai looks like a Kia, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and in some examples, a Pontiac and a Chevy.

The resurgance and popularity of the Mustang and then the Challenger and soon the Camaro also seem to suggest there is a real market for something other than a car that looks like it came out of a science fiction movie.

Why portholes (ventiports)? They're cheap and available.....

Joe

:eek: OOOWWWCCCCHHHHHH.........Portholes in Lawn mowers are OK. But don't let ol Dandy Dave catch you doin that to a REAL genuine vintage John Deere Tractor. Talk about a point reduction..... at least a half dozen redneck farmers "green" with envy will be knockin on your door. (After the Moon Shine takes affect) You better hide in the hen coupe......if'en you knows whats good fer ya... Heh heh heeh..( Evil Laugh)....Dandy Dave!

Yea I was waiting for someone to slap me for that one...

We think the car community is hard core....get together some old timers and get them talking about classic tractors. Mods just don't get brought up.....way too tabo ;)

Guest Dans 77 Limited
Why Mr. Earl.....is that your lawn mower???...with Buick portholes....just needs some Buick Emblems. ;) Dandy Dave!

That was the first thing I thought was "Lamar just took a picture of HIS lawnmower":D

I think what we are seeing is a desire from people to see something stylish on their cars, including the return of chrome.

Cars have been dechromed and taken up such a generic rounded-edge style that a Hyundai looks like a Kia, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and in some examples, a Pontiac and a Chevy.

The resurgance and popularity of the Mustang and then the Challenger and soon the Camaro also seem to suggest there is a real market for something other than a car that looks like it came out of a science fiction movie.

Why portholes (ventiports)? They're cheap and available.....

Joe

And even when they do try to add "chrome", it's usually cheap plastic tape designed to look like chrome. Surely there is better technology to create a more realistic "chrome" look while maintaining quality at an affordable price?

Okay....someone wake me up from my dream now.....