1965 Buick Riviera Stolen

ebasta

Hello! My 1965 Buick Riviera was stolen Monday night 12/15 in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.

I just wanted to let people who live near this area know that a lot of classics seem to be on target for theft. They got around an alarm, kill switch and a Club.

As we all do, I put a lot of love and care into my Riv over the years and I would hate to see this happen to anyone. Be careful.

My long shot at hope: if anyone sees anything suspicious with a 1965 Buick Riviera in SoCal please let me know.

It has a unique headlight motor system (a custom bracket and an actuator as a motor:

)

Eric

Sorry for your loss. We will keep our eyes open. I have happened upon stolen cars numerous times in the past. Maybe you will get lucky. You might check out ebay and craigslist in case they are parting your car out.

It might help if you tell us more info in the text instead of a youtube video that most of us don't want to watch !!!

So, you're too busy to watch a 32 second video that may help someone get his car back? I love the old car brotherhood.

I'm in SoCal. I'll keep an eye out for your car, Eric

I have had a car stolen and it's no fun. I restored a 1970 Plymouth GTX only to have it towed away by some scumbags in a Mercury Bobcat (of all insults). Luckily, I got most of it back. Apparently Bob Hill has never had that pain.

The youtube video is just something i posted for the Riviera Owners Association members. The headlight motors on the 65's are over-engineered and frequently break. I was trying to develop a low cost bracket/motor combo so '65 owners can replace the original motor system with stock parts (and keep it around $100) - which I was successful at doing. I don't have any more info except its white, had black California plates PHB959, a flush aftermarket power antenna, a broken "R" on the driver side Riviera logo - they might have changed the color by now or parted some of it out. Thank you guys for your kind words and be careful with your cars!

ebasta,dont take bob wrong ,he is just (edited).Hope his cars get ripped off and tries to put a u tube out .I will look at a 27 second video about a notable item about your car .I hope you get some leads,I will help if i see anything.Get a life bob .Dont speak for all of us ,some would like to look,and help.I would spend hours to help this gentleman get his car back.

Im new at posting here so if the moderator thinks this should be moved OK.

Hope you all dont see this as trying to hijack the thread. Losing a 65 Riviera is terrible; as is losing anything you have poured your time, money and energy into. I sure hope you get it back!! As nice as it looks Id wager it gets driven/shipped to some S.American country! Im on the wrong coast or Id sure keep my eyes open for you.

I post this just to give some alternative ideas on making the crooks work as hard as possible - so they will try somewhere else!!

A suggestion about another steering wheel security system. Not absolute, Im sure, but seems much better than the club. Runs about $75; pickproof lock; 112 db alarm built in with remote on/off. The only minus is not being able to trigger the alarm remotely. Locks over a wheel spoke and the rim so that it cannot be lifted up from the dash; the wheel cannot be turned!! And I repeat it is a type of lock that cannot be picked! Called the Gorilla III.

Gorilla9v-A23MN21.jpg

When I park (constrained to be outside) I do so with the rear of the car toward the street; the drivers side to a wall and the front against my fence. I turn the wheel all the way to the right, that puts the spoke in the exact position you see in the picture. To get the car out of the driveway the front end would have to be jacked up and placed on a dolly - no room to get in front. And anyone touching the car sets off the alarm.

Gorillaonwheel.jpg

Some of us may not watch youtube videos because we are not allowed to at work where we are using broadband and may not want to wait for it at home on dial-up.

If my boss finds out someone's been on youtube with the compnay computers heads will roll!!

But it's OK to surf old car sites at work????? Just don't log onto U Tube?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a car stolen and it's no fun. I restored a 1970 Plymouth GTX only to have it towed away by some scumbags in a Mercury Bobcat (of all insults). Luckily, I got most of it back. Apparently Bob Hill has never had that pain. </div></div>

No I haven't BUT if I am wanting people to look for my car I will give more info in the thread instead of just a link to a youtube video.