Thrillers new car!!!!

50jetback

I've been keeping an eye on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-66C-Convertible-1934-Buick-66C-Convertible

8 days to go, 18 bids, $56000 and hasn't hit reserve yet.

Come on Thriller, this would fill that vacancy you have in your Buick collection for the 30's decade!!

What about you Dandy Dave, you'd have a few dollars burning a hole in your pocket!!

So what's this car going to make?

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow!, 6 days to go, and 18 bids up to 56K, and the reserve is not met. We could fix all of Mr. Earls 54's for that type of money...

Nice car though.

</div></div>

MrEarl would trade all his 54's for that sexy thang.

Man, did I just say that I would trade all my 54's for somethin. I guarantee somethin won't crank tomorrow.

What's the matter Thriller, Cat got your tounge??? eek.gif

I think maybe you fellers put him into shock and he's passed out on the floor! shocked.gif Most often he ain't this quite. confused.gif

Of course maybe his wife has him tied up so he cannot push that "Bid Button". wink.gif Can't say that I would blame her. laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

I can see Thriller will be raelly annoyed at missing this one wink.gif

$65,100 at the 19th bid and still not at reserve.

This is very obviously a high class professional restoration on what would have to be a contender for the best looking Buick ever built ( personal view ).

There are a couple of things that are annoying and you wouldn't expect from such a beautiful/expensive restoration.

Have a look at the front end photo paying particular attention to the horn alignment. There is some adjustment on the mounting brackets but they are a long way out of alignment.

Then have a look at the rear end photo, again the tailights seem to be out of alignment ( or it may be the bumper ).

Not big issues but if paying that sort of money it would need to be right, or am I just being too picky????

Is this car going to go six figures?

11 bidders, 20 bids, $71,100, still not at reserve and another 4 days to go.

Which bidder are you Thriller? Playing your cards very close to the chest? watch out, Mr Earl is sitting off waiting to "snipe" in the last 30 seconds of the auction.

Guest imported_Thriller

eek.gif

Rumours of my demise are exaggerated...Mark had it right...we flew to Toronto last Thursday, rented a 2008 Lucerne, and drove to Oshawa for the McLaughlin Buick Club of Canada Homecoming...there were a few Kiwis there to boot. We got home after midnight last nigh and I'm slowly catching up on the forums.

At over $70k, Suzanne doesn't have to worry about me bidding, unless the lottery comes through tonight (over $40M). It is a nice car...on the weekend, we were looking at the pre-war cars, and I forget which year Suzanne liked most, but it was either '33 or '34...I couldn't disagree, but there were no '35s or '36s in the mix. I would prefer my 30s car to be an open car, but I guess we'll see when the time comes. Preferably, I won't need to sell a child to be able to purchase one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buick840</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Stuart,

You wouldn't be trying to drive the interest and price up on this car so as to make a certain other 34 more valuable would you wink.gifwink.gif

Just kidding smile.gif

</div></div>

See Brian, you Victorians are smarter than us Sandgropers, I never thought of that!!

Think how that price would be about 5 years ago when the Aussie $ slipped to US$0.50, we would be looking at over AUS$140,000 and still not at reserve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, Elliott was willing to pay that much because apparently he did not want to keep the ride he was getting. </div></div>

One thing for sure, You can't fix stupid! shocked.gifsick.gifcry.gif

I'd rather have the Buick!!! wink.giflaugh.gif Dandy Dave!