Has this ever happened to you?

West Peterson

Have you ever gone out to your garage in the morning to find that someone has parked their freshly restored 1934 Packard Super Eight coupe-roadster painted in the most God-beautiful shade of green (with two double rows of thin, Thin, THIN, T-H-I-N pinstripes)?

Then, did that person tell you to drive it as often as you can?

Man! The brazen boldness and impudent insolence of some people just galls me!

post-33613-143137993681_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

Wow, grin.gif LOL grin.gif My guess is that he's hiding it from his X-wife, or bill-collectors, maybe. grin.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

LOL grin.gif He Must be a very Good friend or very Desperate to trust you with that Beauty? grin.gif

It's amazing the gall of some people really. Look West, if it is an inconvenience on you and an intrusion on your time

I will bite the bullet and bring the car south and kick my wifes car out of the garage and put it in there. I live way out in the county so driving would not be a drag. I mean after all we Packard owners have to stick together and help each other right?????

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm keeping this sucker!! </div></div>

grin.gif LOL grin.gif Yes, I think you should. It will definitely Add Respectability and empress the neighbors. grin.gif

Congrats, Tom, it's a Real Beauty! wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where I can get a pair of "baskets" that fit inside the horn trumpets? </div></div>

Try Cecil Nuxoll in Spokane

five oh nine dash eight three eight dash one seven three five

I got mine from him.

Actually, NONE of these photos do justice to the actual color of the car. I cannot even go into Photoshop and adjust to make it look right (for some reason, greens are impossible to make look right). All I can say is that the color looks 10 times better in person.

I've tried adjusting a little here, and it's closer, but...

post-33613-143137993692_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt Harwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, wait a minute. I just noticed that the windshield wipers are misaligned. Never mind... laugh.gif </div></div>

NOS wiper motors have already been bought.

Holy sh*t! West, you have been lifting some serious weights! And you shaved! And what the hell kind of colors for the flames are those! They need to be in packard colors, for chrissake.

Oh, and yup, I was thinking I might want the car back after all.

Glad to see your having fun with the car. You can stop anytime, however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still looks helluva better than this car which they have the balls to call it a 32 PAckard on Ebay mad.gif

32a.jpg </div></div>

Oh, I thought this was waiting for you in your garage when you went there this morning grin.gifcrazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 34PackardRoadsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh, and yup, I was thinking I might want the car back after all.

</div></div>

Tom

FedEx arrived yesterday to pick up the car. I found it very amusing that as we loaded it, the FedEx driver kept saying, "I was told to pick up a green Packard. That looks more like a green 1996 Saturn with 258,000 miles on it!"

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to convince him that it was indeed a Packard. Can you imagine him questioning me like that?

Anyway, I drove my Saturn to work today. Amazing how many people stared and pointed at me. Some people even lowered their windows to tell me how nice the car looked. confused.gifconfused.gif

PS. It was Peter G. that did all the wild customizing. All I did was replace the tires and put the sidemount covers back on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

32a.jpg

Oh, I thought this was waiting for you in your garage when you went there this morning grin.gifcrazy.gif </div></div>

Perhaps "lurking" is the better word than "waiting" for this, er, <span style="font-style: italic">thing.</span>

The driver actually got it right. You see, we loaded my Saturn instead of your Packard. That's why it took so long to convince him otherwise.

Your new Saturn had good company in the truck, though. An '08 Bentley Continental GTS, and two Lingenfelter cars, both speed record holders of some sort. One was a Corvette, the other was a Viper. Both owned by some guy named "Norm" in Houston.

Oh, I forgot to put the Saturn's shop manual in the car for you. I'll get it mailed out immediately. You'll probably be needing it before too long.

Guest imported_Speedster

Saturn.....Packard....Satard.....Pacurn.... smirk.gif

I hope someone understands all this, cause I don't ??? grin.gif

But, of course, I don't Need to! laugh.gif

Guest 51Patty400

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, NONE of these photos do justice to the actual color of the car. I cannot even go into Photoshop and adjust to make it look right (for some reason, greens are impossible to make look right). All I can say is that the color looks 10 times better in person.

I've tried adjusting a little here, and it's closer, but... </div></div>

Just chip a piece and take to your local print shop. They can colour match it for you for photoshop ROFL..

- Mark