Mount "Small Shock Absorber"

Guest REATAMANZ

Guest imported_REATAMANZ

There was in the past a post regarding the availabilty of GM part number 21010847. This part is discontinued. I was able after doing some researdh here to locate the supplier that manufactured these for GM. I asked if they would be willing to manufacture some. They have indicated yes. Minimum order would be a of 100 at $15.00 plus shipping. Question is does someone want to buy 100 of these suckers to sell?? I am retiring July 1 so there is not much time to act. I would still have to some how figure out how to get around some one else buying these besides GM / Delphi.

I don't think there is any real prospect of forum members coming up with 100 purchases unless every poster and lurker bought at least one. On the other hand, I will be happy to see if a couple of GM dealers would be willing to buy in as long as they are made to original specs. If several of us did that we might pull this off.

I am not rich by any means, but I would be interested in buying all 100 if I could then sell them back on the forum at say $40.00. I would offer a prebuy special at say $35.00 for any one interested. I would have to have money orders in hand prior to placing the order with Reatamanz to get the special price. I do not see any other way that this would get done.

Any interest?

Dave, I think you are going to learn a lesson I have learned many times... family and friends (and forum members) would rather spend their money with a stranger than allow someone they know to make a dollar off them.

Even if $35 is a bargain, there are a lot of people who will not buy the shock simply because they know you will be making 20 bucks.

A sad lesson in life that I have learned many times over. I hope I'm wrong and you are able to sell them all.

Guest imported_REATAMANZ

My understanding the Drive Line Vibration Absorber for 1989-91 Olds and Buick E-Cars. The part has been canceled and there is no more inventory left.

This is the information I recieved from the supplier. FOB Stabilus, Ramos Arizpe, Mexico Availability to Ship from Mexico: 6 weeks Minimum Order: 100 pieces (4-boxes) Expendable Packaging: 25 dampers per box Damper Size: 8mm (rod) x 24mm (tube), 126.5mm extended length Design Level: Stabilus TLN 647306 GM P/N 21010847

I will listen to Ronnies advice. The offer is amended as follows. I need to hear from anyone interested in buying the shocks. I will go thru with ordering if I have a total of 30 shocks from any combination of forum members. Just reading back over the posts on this topic we have 18 shocks wanted. Of course I realize that the original price was $15.00. I believe this is a one time/limited time only offer, so if you are sincere please PM me with how many you want. I will keep this post informed as to where we stand with getting to the 30 sold. Remember coupled with your post is the willingness to PREPAY. A commitment to order without a cashiers check is not acceptable.

If anyone else wants to take this deal over and want to sell for less, please step up now.

In order to be fair to Reatamanz I must have the checks by 6/25 so I can pay him prior to 7/1.

Thank you.

Good question Nic and I will clarify.

I will buy all 100 shocks at $15.00 ea. That is $1500.00.I will sell them as people want them. However I will not order unless I get both a commitment and checks totaling 40 shocks at $35.00.[i am sorry for the quantity change but I was in a hurry this morning and used my head and not my calculater.]

If you do the math you will see that I would only be out $100.00 with 60 yet to sell, but that also means I get to sit on being out $100.00 and hoping someone comes along wanting to buy.

Once again the offer still stands,that if anyone wants to take the deal over they are welcome. This part is obsolete and the best we will be able to do in the future is get a used one if we pass this up.

Dave....other particulars please such as shipping cost. At the 35.00 price I will guarantee 1 sale (I was looking at much less before), and dependeng on shipping may do 2....would like better prices and my quantity would probably increase...something to use you calculator on maybe smile.gif ?

Guest MauiWowee

Dave, I appreciate your offer. Two things..............

Your price will be $15. PLUS shipping. Does the $35. INCLUDE shipping to the rest of us? cool.gif

Reatamanz what is the shipping cost to 54952 zipcode? How much does each shock weigh?

Regarding shipping cost to people interested in buying, lets see what my shipping cost is. Then I will tell you what your shipping cost will be.

I am doing this in the public part of this forum so everyone can see that I am not in this to rip anyone off. I am learning as we are going. I am doing this as a convienance for all parties that are interested... but I am not interested in being out $300.00 - $500.00 either.

So lets guess at freight to me of $250.00 Now my cost is $1750.00 [parts and freight]

If we could change the commitment from the field [you guys] to 50 units [i would then have my original investment back, including my shipping cost]then shipping to you COULD be;

1 shock $3.00

3 shocks $5.00

5 shocks Free

The shipping would be to one location.

We are sitting on 18 verbal shock commitments and that is from only 6 guys. We only need 32 more to be sold.

Disclaimer

I am not wealthy and have a job like anyone else. I just want to help those who have helped me in the last 18 months. This deal can be taken over by anyone who wants to. Time is limited and we need to act. I will "bump" this post for 10 days. We know the deal ends on 7/1/2008. I need the money by 6/25 to get Reatamanz the money by 7/1 so he can order the parts. Please decide soon.

I do not have paypal and am not too sophisticated regarding computers and setting stuff up. If someone who is well known to the forum, and has paypal to collect the money, and is interested in helping, I am willing to talk to them.

Guest Mike_s

I'm in for 1 @ 40, even though mine is a 88 an doesn't have one. Because I'll probably eventally get a Reatta that does need it.

We need to get this thing in action....

The correct price is 35.00 I think

I am in officially for 2

Others please enter an official/guaranteed count so we may reach the 30 ....at that time monies will have to be submitted.

(something to keep in mind....these things are like dinosaurs ....they are no more so if you never use the ones you buy they will always be Ebay desirable/sellable)

Guest TommyH

Buy a few, sell em on ebay. I would buy some, but I am pooling all my moneys for an emergency laptop replacement.

What are these things, anyways?

Dave ...could you possibly start another thread for FINAL and GUARANTEED ordering at the correct price....At the beginning of this thread I think some of the folks stating they will take _____ shocks may have been confused or thought the price was 15.00. I really would like to have two, and want to see this offering succeed....

I may be talking out of turn but I think Dave is currently working out the details, like his total cost with shipping and what it will cost to ship the shocks, so he can offer a firm price that everyone can live with. I'm sure we will hear from him soon as time is running out to take advantage of this one time deal.

I will start a new thread when I hear back from Reatamanz regarding freight. I am working on setting up a paypal.

I will say it doesn't look good. The total amount of commitments on the public part of this forum is less then 25 shocks. The amount that were ordered on my PM are 6 shocks.

It's too bad that the forum knows the manufactured cost is $15.00 each, because I am sure a number of Reattaites think that I am raping them by looking to get $40.00 each.

THE DEALER PRICE WAS $61.00 BACK IN /05!

Anything less then $50.00 is a deal!

I just want my investment back. If I could sell all 100 up front the price would be in the $20.00 range. If only 50 are presold the price will be double. I am not interested in sitting on what I consider to be dead inventory with $300-$400 or more invested.

Just for reference I have a back up of almost all the electrical items on Padgetts page, plus light/wiper pods,wheel sensors,alternator and glove box latches with less then $125.00 invested. That's investing in my car.

Sitting on 50-60 shocks waiting for a call is dumb. As a matter of fact, if people are thinking that after the initial order is placed that they will get shocks for cheap, they would be wrong. Scrap steel is up and rather then wait for future sales, I would consider going that way.

There will be no bargain hunting after the order is placed.

If you are an enthusist of Reattas and think you want/need the part now is the time.

This is mt last post on this subject until I hear from Reatamanz. Those of you on the PM side of this forum i will respond as well after hearing from same.

Okay. I certainly understand the math, Dave. Your investment is not returned until you have sold about 45 units. So if we can get to 50 preorders, then it becomes a 2 fer 1 deal because the price drops from $40/per to $20/ per. I can use 3 of them, but we are still almost 25 short.