Mount "Small Shock Absorber"

Guest REATAMANZ

Just to bring you up to speed...

I have not heard from Reatamanz to find out if that company would sell to me or what the freight bill would be. It doesn't appear to matter because the interest to buy is far lower then expected. There are confirmed 10 shocks ordered. If we take the anticipated cost of $1500.00 for the shocks that would be $150.00 ea. Then we would have to factor something for freight.[To me and then to those who ordered].

It appears the chances of making it work out are very small. I thank you for your effort in trying to get the orders together. My 88 model does not use the shock or I would have been on board. I believe my first post to this thread explains what went wrong with getting enough orders.

Ok,

I have just caught up on this thread (been away from the forum for a few weeks) and I would commit to 4 at $40 or even $50 per unit. I think it reasonable - and prudent - to spend that much for obsolete/NLA parts for which there are no substitutes.

If there is any chance at all of making this work, I would very much like to see it happen. I find it difficult to believe that there are not enough serious Reatta enthusiasts/collectors here who cannot or will not commit $100 to buy a couple.

How often do we shell out far more than that for an obscure part for our cars? Or are most forum members using their Reattae as "daily beaters", and don't want to sink the money on something that isn't critical (yet)? I consider mine a future collectible, and as such I intend to do it right. And yes, it is costing me serious money to do it. Of course, I could've spent 5-10 times (or more) as much on a new car, but it wouldn't be as enjoyable as the Reatta.

Please say it ain't so (that this deal is dead).

KDirk

Reatamanz is still working with the shock source to get these shocks. To date I have orders for 13 shocks. At that quantity they would be aprox. $140.00 each. I would to get the sales up to 30 shocks. That would make the shock price aprox. $60.00 ea.

30 should be the minimum.

I am extending my offer to finance until midnight Mon. If the minimum is not met I withdraw my offer.

Dave,

I had sent you a PM, but no reply yet. What do I need to do to get you the money to reserve a few if you do go ahead and get these? And if the deal falls through, is the deposit refundable? If you have a paypal setup I could charge the amount needed today. Otherwise I'd have to send a check or money order and clearly that would not make the Monday 12:00 am deadline.

In any case, I would go in for 3 at $60. If we need more to make the minimum I may still be open to 4 at that price if that's what it takes to make it go. If the per unit price came down to $50 or even $40, I would consider picking up a couple more.

Please advise,

KDirk

What I am doing is keeping a running tally of those of you who have PM'd me and pledged to buy. Ronnie has a pay pal account set up and has offered to take the money. But all this is no good unless we get more participation.

There will be time to get the money from those willing to buy and then forward the money to the manufactuer.

I just don't want to continue to press forward if the demand is not there.

Dave, I'm still willing to help with payment via PayPal or credit card if needed. Money will be refunded if the deal falls through. Just PM me when you are ready to accept payments. I have everything ready to go except I need to know the final price.

OK,

I will stay on top of this thread and when (if) the money needs to be ponied up just post the info on how we are handling this and I will pay my share. I am cautiously optimistic about this coming to fruition....

KDirk

• 14 years later...