Rhinebeck Spring Show

Steve_Mack_CT

Guest ZondaC12

Same here I'll be crusin' down with the upstate new york BCA chapter as usual! Makes getting there half the fun!!

Bob, You'll have to stop by on Saturday to get a glimpse of the 'breathtaking T stuff'. I have to go to a family wedding on Sunday. I'm bringing less and less of the T stuff to fleas lately. My stuff is mostly mechanical and its worth more to me as spares. I really wanted to bring the REO down this year just to slow Dave down a little.

Frank

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 1915 Buick is in the Winners Circle this year. Got a First place for it last year. grin.gif Will be there providing the weather is good. whistle.gif Dave! </div></div>

Hey!!! I had no clue. Congratulations! No idea what the weather's gonna do, prayin' it treats us well! Hope to see ya there! JD was tryin to see if we could park as a chapter! That would be awesome.

We might have parked as a chapter but I was too late with the request. Joe would have revised the field but this anit no 60 car show, so I declined his generous offer to accomodate us. besides, Dandy Dave with his 13, AND Dave McConnell ( with his 65 Lesabre convertible) and I believe Bob Heuer with his 41 Super Convertible will all be in the winners circle. Wouldn't it be cool if the whole chapter got to park in the winners circle next year? ( of course that would only happen if I leave my cars home...)

Yes - May 3 & 4. Swap all weekend, hot rod type cars Saturday, antiques and Classics Sunday. We will be there Sunday, probably with our black '68 Olds - a little far to go in the "A" solo.

Saw Zonda's buick last year even though he was walking around somewhere, nice visit with his grandfather. A great old car also. Looking forward to seeing Dave's roadster in the winners circle.

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Mack_CT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes - May 3 & 4. Swap all weekend, hot rod type cars Saturday, antiques and Classics Sunday. We will be there Sunday, probably with our black '68 Olds - a little far to go in the "A" solo.

Saw Zonda's buick last year even though he was walking around somewhere, nice visit with his grandfather. A great old car also. Looking forward to seeing Dave's roadster in the winners circle. </div></div>

Yea I'm sorry I didn't find you and say hi! Definitely will make a better effort this year! My grandfather ought to be coming along again this year, I'll leave him a walkie-talkie and he'll probably want to sit with the car again (due to his heels not being in great shape he can't walk around for a very long time) and I'll have him radio me to get my rear end back over there if someone wants to talk. smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always look forward to that run up the Taconic Parkway pretending I'm driving a 1933 Alfa-Romeo 1750 Zagato bodied sports car. </div></div>

Bob, what <span style="font-weight: bold">will </span>you be driving?

When I was in college in Ulster county, I drove a Volkswagen Vanagon with the diesel engine. A 3,000lb box with 46hp was no fun on the Taconic. The Franklin is not much better.

Bob we saw a couple on routes 308 - 199 - 44 also, Made a last minute decision to go up today rather than tomorrow due to weather concerns. Pretty crowded, and no real rain from around 11:15 to 4:30 or so. Bought some small items from a couple of the repro dealers, and a picked up a nice book about Hershey fall meet, that is about it. A little dissapointed in the gas and oil stuff, I guess it is Hershey or Ebay on that now. Still beat working around the house though.

Anyone else find anything this weekend?

I had to pick up some tractor parts for some jobs and was not that far from Rhinebeck on Saturday so I stopped in to comb the flea market. I found a set of neat old spark plugs for the 15 Buick so it was worth the side trip. smile.gif Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COPS EVERYWERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch your speed if you are going Sunday, I lost count of the number of cars that were pulled over for what I'd guess was speeding, I 84 and the Taconic Parkway. </div></div>

Since all the workin folk are leaving NY because of high taxes, it seems that the police are hard at work writing tickets to raise more revenue for the great state of NY. The trucking industry has been especially hard hit with all the DOT cops around. No matter how hard you try, it seems that they will take your profit oneway or another. frown.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest ZondaC12

I keep thinkin maybe I shoulda gone, I got up at 7 and it was raining, went back to sleep, got back up at 10, it had stopped and its been drying since. I dunno woulda hated to get there and then get drenched randomly, not worth the risk. cry.gifcrazy.gif Sure stinks though I really look forward to this one every year.

So, my grandfather and I are gonna do a couple rounds of bowling instead, I KNOW he was really looking forward to hanging out with me all day.

paul : it rained 50 miles northwest of Albany until about 11 AM. I got up at 7AM and it was pouring. Roads werent dry until well after 12PM. We stayed home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep thinkin maybe I shoulda gone, I got up at 7 and it was raining, went back to sleep, got back up at 10, it had stopped and its been drying since. I dunno woulda hated to get there and then get drenched randomly, not worth the risk. cry.gifcrazy.gif Sure stinks though I really look forward to this one every year.

So, my grandfather and I are gonna do a couple rounds of bowling instead, I KNOW he was really looking forward to hanging out with me all day. </div></div>

Guest ZondaC12

Yep it didn't actually dry until about that time and it was still cloudy. Oh well whaddaya do, stuff happens. Got the Helderberg Mountain Nationals new this year at the altamont fairgrounds comin up which is nice and local, and that's next Saturday! So no worries. I'm excited I think they'll get the big turnout they're hopin for.

We got there around 10:00 Sunday, and the rain had completely stopped. By 12 or so the sun came out and it was quite a nice day. Unfortunately, the rain scared many people away, and the meet was kind of a wash. The flea market is turning into more of a yard sale. I'll still continue to go every year though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave did you buy the Fan Flame spark plugs? </div></div>

No, I bought a set of vintage Rentz plugs. Some surface rust but never used. smile.gif Dave!

Ok you bunch of slackers, Where's your sense of adventure? eek.gif I did take the 15 Buick and it turned out to be a very nice day. The car ran well down and back. wink.gif

Sometimes I'd like to hang the weatherman for promoting bad publicity. I checked in the morning and saw that all the rain had past by. The only job in the world that you can lie about and still have a job the next morning. And the day after that also....... crazy.gif Dandy Dave!

I should have gone. It was raining at the point where I was planning to leave so I opted to keep the car dry. then a few hours later it stopped and never rained here again.

Oh well, better luck next year.