Hello to everyone my first post in this group

Hello I'm an Australian in process of relocation to Ontario Canada & as a life long vehicle enthusiast wish to meet as many Canadian \ North American enthusiasts as possibile.

I've owned machines ranging from 1967 Chrysler Valiant to 1995 Land Rover Discovery with Jaguars, Citroen, Corvette & a few Rover Sedans to provide variety along the way.

However my favourite machines are the big American 4 door Hard Top Sedans between 1965 \ 1975, no particular make -model I just admire their style \ practicality plus as in general 4 door's not that desirable their relativly cheap purchase prices specialy if needing work, this is easy for me as though not qualified I have over 20 years of automotive knowledge \ skills to call on.

I'm interested in eventually acquiring a 1968 Chev Impala 4 Door Hard Top & would like to get some idea of values for complete but shabby runners with the smaller V8's, though first preference to complete vehicles I'd consider non runners & also 1965 - 66 - 67 Impala Hard Top Sedans.

I had considered bringing my part restored Rover P6B with me but the costs are to great as I'm presently seeking a Canadian job offer [ Rural Ontario sales marketing etc if anyone knows of such work avaliable } & naturally I have to be carefull with my avaliable money.

Ok I'll end here for now & look foward to communication with fellow enthusiasts Peter C Trevanna.

Welcome Peter. You came to the right place to meet up with other folks that love antique vehicles of all kinds. Some have vehicles, some sell parts. Some restore their own and some pay others to do the work for them. Some show their vehicles, some judge.....and we have some crazy folks that do both and at the same show. crazy.gif

We have great people from all over the world here.

Hello and welcome the the best old car forum on the 'Net. You'll find that there isn't anyone here ready, willing and able to help and offer advice. My favorite message board by far.

Welcome to the party.

Peter, Welcome to the forum, and to North America. Depending on where you will be living in Ontario you will be within driving distance of the Detroit area (your neighbour to the north) and our many great summer car shows. For a car like you describe I would start packing away your dollars (pronounced "Dole-ares" in Canada, eh) for the Auburn car corral in Auburn, Indiana in early September (Labor day here). That is a very interesting mix of cars, huge in numbers and a little bit of everything. You have to watch cars that are native to this region due to rust problems. The Auburn show attracts a lot of southern cars, or at least cars that weren't around road salt, the number one body-killer.

Auburn is about 2-1/2 hours from Detroit (the way I drive). Another good place is Carlisle, PA (or at least it used to be) for their spring and fall "big" multi-make swappers. If you really want to be unique you could get one of the Canadian versions of GM models, the Chevy Beaumont, The Pontiac Parisenne, etc.

You will enjoy southern Ontario, it's a beautiful area, nice people.

Well Peter as a life long Canadian let me say welcome to Canada!

But before you make the big move set down your pina colada, come in off the patio, take off all your clothes and lie down in the deep freeze for 4 months.

If this does not bother you, you are ready to become a Canadian.

(Today's weather,5 to 10 below freezing centigrade, and around a foot of fresh snow in the last 24 hours)

Typical spring weather, for southern Ontario. Last year we did not get a break from the freezing weather until late April.

If I were in your position, there would not be enough money in the world to make me move to Canada.

Welcome, You will find lots of cars around for the era that you are interested in. There are plenty of eager folks ready and willing to give advice on this forum. Most of it is good, somtimes it is bad, often controversial. Keep your hat on and enjoy the ride mate! grin.gif Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll find that there isn't anyone here ready, willing and able to help and offer advice. </div></div>

Speak fur yer self pilgrim or edite yer post so it says wat u want it to. laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

Welcome from another new member. If you like four sedans, it will be cheaper. It appears that even the nicest four door sedans are worth half what the 2 doors are worth. I had a nice, original 1967 Ford Galaxie 4 door sedan. When I sold it I had very little interest in it. It was a great car but the extra two doors hurt. Maybe someday 4 doors will catch on like station wagons did but till then, take advantage of it!