Average Age?

Just curious, What age is the average Reatta<BR>owner? I'm 40, act like about 20 though.<BR>Also, how long have you owned your cars?<BR>More questions to follow, smart*#@ remarks welcomed.<BR> shocked.gif" border="0

Barney is 62 and purchased my first in 1991, a used 1990. Since that time I have owned seven Reattas, one 1989, five 1990's, and the 1991 convertible that I purchased in 1993.<P>I had the '91 state inspected Wednesday and I have put almost exactly 1000 miles on it in three years.

I'm 19+ now but I bought the car when I first turned 18 so I've had it a little more than a year or so. its my second car my first was an 85' ford f150 until it literately blew up! title said 75,000 miles but I think it had turned over at least 3 times maybe four it was a real P.O.S.

I'll be 34 tomorrow. Have wanted a Reatta since they first came out and actually almost bought an '88 demo in late 1989 but couldn't get the financing at a reasonable rate. Finally got my '89 in February 2001. It was worth the wait. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: RawjaNYC ]

Am 37h & wasn't really aware of the Reatta until last year when I began looking for a larger Fiero. Have always liked the 3800/4 spd OD combo so was not a difficult choice however being the first non-Pontiac since 1976 that was the hard part.<P>Put maybe 2k on it last year mostly to & from the airport.

Hey Gang,<BR>You guys are younger than I thought! I was of the opinion most of us we in our fifties or maybe even some sixties. Now I feel like the "old fart". At 57 it seems that age has caught up with me in this group. Oh well what the heck, I still like the car and the people! Long live Reatta and their owners.<BR>Steve

dont feel too bad. my grandma is my car's biggest fan and she just turned 70. when she gave her car to me she got a 2002 sebring convertible, limited. i was upset with her, but she stands by her choice.

Guest EDBS0

Old puppy here,<BR>what was I saying, distracted by a shiny object. Oh yes, born ~ ~ 6 years and some 80K to 90K later on my second 89 Reatta, back to that birth thing...July xxix, MCML.<P>Send large shiny gifts ie. gold, silver platinum, center caps etc. grin.gif" border="0

<B>I'm 59 and recently retired. I bought my 90 convertible off the showroom floor as a reward for having worked 30+ years. It was a toss up between the Reatta or a 'Vette. I'd wanted a Reatta coupe every since they had hit the market and when they made the rag top, well, that cinched the sale, particularly when I saw the maroon convertible. I put too many miles on it the first year until they announced they weren't making any more. After that I drove it 110 miles commute once a week. I have 112,500 on it. I've had windshield replaced, back bumper replace courtesy of a lady that bumped into me, one head light/front bumper replaced courtesy of a deer, and front fender replaced courtesy of Toyota truck. All repairs were top notch. Have had the accumulator replaced. Had a mysterious vibration in front end that Michelin tires have hid or fixed. Sometimes it surges while cruising about 59mph going uphill. I keep it covered and in garage. In the last two years I quit driving it weekly and started driving it every other week. Retired now, I don't know how much I'll drive it but not much but enough to keep the rubber from rotting.<P>My first Buick was a 58 convertible.</B>

I've had my 29th birthday for 16 years now.<P>Bought "Red-88" in '96.<BR>Bought "White-89" for myself for Christmas last year.<P>Barry

Guest Greg Ross

51 here and feel 29, credit the '88 for at least some of that. Purchased mine nearly 4 and 1/2 years ago, the impression of driving a '91 in '91 never diminished. The List on that car was $51,000 (Cdn) too rich for my blood at the time! So I was patient, since then have run it mainly as a Daily Driver, over 200k now and intend on maintaining it a good long time yet.<BR>Spent many $1000's over the past 4 years but equate that to depreciation and maintenance on whatever else I could be driving instead.<BR>It's a Rush every time I climb in, are'nt we Vain Creatures! grin.gif" border="0

Hi, Just turned 62 but look and act as if I am in my 40's. I purchased my '89 coupe on SEPT. 11, 01. I hope the car is not doomed. I enjoy it very much. I found out how collectable the cars were getting. It shares storage space with my '68 Chev. Corvair convertible that I have owned for 22 years. The Reatta will be a keeper.

Just turned 56 and I have owned my 1990 Red Reatta since April 1992. <BR>Sorry for the large pictures posted previously.<p>[ 04-13-2002: Message edited by: rwarner1 ]

I'm 23. I've had the Reatta since I was 21. Its nice to know this car appeals to all ages.<p>[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Canadian Girl ]

I am a very young 48 year old single female, and now own my third Reatta. I bought my first one new in 1990 (red, with tan interior, of course) and have owned and driven a Reatta for the past 12 years. Love these cars and would not have it any other way ! They are truly fascinating and remarkable little hand made machines. Even <BR>at my "young" 48 years of age, me and my red Reatta can still turn heads ! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest C.F.Massie

54 years young and still won't give up my big boy toys (muscle cars and sports cars). I bought my 89 Reatta off the showroom floor also and I will not part with it. I keep the muscle and sports cars for cruising and local/regional car shows, but the Reatta is for driving pleasure. Wife says she has put up with my car fixation all these years because it was better than me having a roaming eye. I still love .......oh yeah her, and my cars. Certified Car Nut Forever<P>89 Red Reatta<BR>68 Gold Shelby GT 500 Conv.<BR>65 White Shelby GT350<BR>68 Baby Blue AMX<BR>64 Midnight Blue GTO<BR>67 Maroon GTO Conv.<BR>65 Lotus Elan<BR>60 Baby Blue Bugeye Sprite<BR>72 Red DeTomaso Pantera<P> wink.gif" border="0

Despite my handle, ol' yeller, I am soon to greet my 49th birthday. I just love the old cars of the 60's, particularly Buicks. The Reatta is one of the few cars from the USA to really turn my head since the early 70's. The comraderie of this site and the willingness to help will keep these cars on the road for a long time to come.<P>Greg

I am 44 years young and I have had my<BR>current 1990 Reatta since November 2001.<BR>I bought my first Reatta (new) in 1990<BR>and put 60,000 miles on it before we traded<BR>it in on a 93 GMC Jimmy. The 93 Jimmy was<BR>traded for a 95 SC Riviera in 1996. The Riv<BR>was traded for a 98 GMC Jimmy in 98. The 98<BR>Jimmy was traded for a 2001 Pontiac GTP in<BR>2001. Six months later we bought our current 90 Reatta. We almost had some kind<BR>of pattern going there for awhile. We love our Reatta. The worse thing about Reatta's<BR>is that Buick quit making them !!<BR> Just remember, you may have to get older,<BR>but you don't have to act older ! grin.gif" border="0

Damn, after looking at your ages, I hate to admit I'm 71. Just retired, 8 months. Have been a bonifide car nut since I can remember. I have owned 60 or so cars, have 5 at present. The Reatta interested me from its introduction. I now have a '91 coupe. I have one of my toys consigned to The Auction in Las Vegas for next week. It'll probably sell since the reserve is low, then I'll have room to garage a Reatta convertible.

Guest jadesdrift90

Ok...had to add to this thread!<P>I will be 52 next month. Just yesterday a guy thought I was younger than he was...he is 42...it blew his mind that I was "that old"...lol!<P>Fell in love with the Reatta when I saw my first one (1988)on I-75 N going to Atlanta. Couldn't afford it then being a single mom. At the time my son was only 5. I was driving my 81 Mazda Rx7 at the time so I did'nt feel TOO bad.<P>Finally bought my first one...90 Driftwood Coupe...March,2001. Still loving it. Still fixing gremlins.<P>Jade cool.gif" border="0 <P>P.S. Son is graduating this May. All in time as they say. wink.gif" border="0<P>P.S.S. There should be a "Rating" for the "most edited message"...LOL!<P>[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]<P>[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]<p>[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]

Oh my God, am I going to check in here as the oldest of the lot? Instead of stating actual age, how about one of these alternatives?<P>1. Older than water.<BR>2. My wife says I've grown old but not grown up.<P>'Fess up time:<P>Jerry (who'll be 67 next month)<P>P.S. Seriously, it's great to see young people involved in Reattaville! Way back when I was young, the Classic Thunderbird Club was composed of mostly young people. Now we're all oldsters, and it's kind of depressing....

Guest checkers

I will turn 50 next month not looking foward to that. Bought my first reatta in 1994, bought the second one in 2001,still have both and looking for a third.

Oh well, 52 in July. Bought my '90 eight years ago this month. About the same time my wife and I had the house all to ourselves again grin.gif" border="0

I am not ashamed to say I am fast approaching 48 years. I have owned dozens of GM cars but bought our first Reatta a 90 Maui Blue coupe back last August. I bought it to get my wife out of a driving the Mini-van and now we have given the car to my 17 year old son.<BR>This will be his first car and a real good one at that!<BR>ronvb

Guest reattalove

29 years old here, and the only 3 words out of my mouth since I first saw Reattas back in 1988 have been "Black Buick Reatta." Finally got my 88 Black Buick Reatta on Sept. 6, 1994, and we're still together!

Well, so much for the idea that Buicks are only owned by a bunch of old geezers, there are quite a few of you still wet behind the ears. Of course when you hit the 60's (I'm 62)anybody less than 50 is wet behind the ears. Bought my Reatta coupe in 98 and the convt in 2000. grin.gif" border="0

Will be 58 next week. The ragtop comes out of the garage tomorrow for the first time since early Dec. Happy days are here again. cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

Bought 5 of these things in past 18 months. I'm 60 and prone to obsessions. I also have 3 kayaks, one for fishing, one for touring, and one for a friend to join in. Not as generous with my Reattas..did sell one to my girlfriend and still take care of it. May soon sell another..Uncle Sam needs $$$ from me.

Guest jadesdrift90

Dear Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects...<P>I was wondering "Who done it"...but where did my little stars go... frown.gif" border="0 <P>What would the extra one be for?<P>Thanks...<P>P.S. I have lots of shiny objects...most of them aren't cars though...lol!<P><A HREF="http://www.jadesplace.net/Reatta/reattaindex.html" TARGET=_blank>My Driftwood</A><P>P.S.S. Yea! Just hit my hundredth post...is there a prize...just kid'n!<p>[ 04-14-2002: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]

...i sometimes wonder how old Yogi Bear would be if he owned a Reatta? ...and since this thread can't be taken seriously...i'm free to admitt i'm a 87 year old midget....but people say i look 40 years younger....? ha...got them fooled.