BUGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICK YOUNG

Still waiting in Puyallup. I was at a Puget Sound Chapter meeting tonight. All the folks who live in the cities just north of me received theirs today and told me all about it. Unfortunately, none of them thought to bring their copies to the meeting, so I've not yet seen it.

Maybe tomorrow!

Guest Reatta1

Very nice spread on the National Meet and lots of great pics. However, as a Reatta owner and member of the Reatta Division, I'm dissapointed in the near absence of any coverage or pictures of the Reattas that were there. frown.gif

Reatta1...you are right about no Reattas in the October issue, but maybe we can get Pete to do an article...better yet, how about Reatta owners sending in articles. Please don't fault Pete as there were lots of fine Buicks there and there was not enough time to really look at them all closely.... Pete does the follow-up and tells us more about the fine cars we viewed.

I was expecting more Reattas at Bellevue..not sure why we only judged 7 with a couple more as display only.

Stand back because next year may be a blow-out...in 2003 we had 92 Reattas in Flint, I think we can break 100. I plan on driving one up from Texas.

Guest Reatta1

Barney,

I don't know why there weren't more Reattas at the meet. I know there are a bunch of them here in the Northwest. I think probably the reason is that a lot of them are unaware of the BCA and the Reatta Division. We need some kind of ad campaign to make Reatta owners aware of our existence and activities. I've been corresponding with Jack from the Portland BCA chapter in the hopes of starting a Central Oregon BCA chapter. There is a local dealer who is also a Reatta owner that I have had a couple conversations with toward that end. Jack has offered assistance in the start up of a club here and hopefully we can have something in the works by next spring or summer.

I would love to get to Flint next year but monetary considerations may not allow that. I do intend to be at the meet in Colorado Springs, CO in 09. Not sure yet whether I'll be there with the Reatta or the 66 LeSabre convertible.

I've just received my copy, and join my fellow host chapter members in an enthusiastic "thank you" to Pete for the excellent National Meet coverage.

A measure of your success, Pete, is that my wife (not a car person) shared my excitement about the issue, and ripped it open before I arrived home from the office. (This was an unprecedented expression of interest in my automotive hobby! :)) In fact, she asked to "borrow" the magazine to show all of her friends when she visits them out-of-town this weekend.

Great job -- and a real keepsake of our great experience hosting the Buick National.

Oh, and do I need to contact the BCA Office to order all the additional copies I need for family and friends?

Guest Dan Cook

A Central Oregon Chapter would be a great thing to have. It would be within easy traveling distance to anywhere in mid-Oregon for me. I will help if I can. Dan

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoneberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Derek,

I wont spoil it by tellng you about the full page picture of Suzanne and the kids polishing the car, or the great cover shot of a particular car's rear end. </div></div>

Sigh...you could at least temper such a tale with a password or something wink.gif If I put my mind to it, I could complete the PWD photo pages in a week or two....

Guest imported_MrEarl

Brian, the same thing happened at my house. When I asked who opened my Bugle Reet said she just had to see the picture of the 49 Roadmaster that she fell in love with. I thought WOW. Then to top that, she said "There's a 49 Super convertible in the want ads." After I got up off the floor I gave her a big hug and told her she must have picked up the Buickitis bug from the hotel in Seattle.

Great job Pete!!!

Guest imported_Thriller

Mine arrived today...it's not as far behind as I'd thought. Saw a picture of a nice two tone '41, but there was this fat guy with a fedora standing in front of it shocked.gif

Looks like some great articles from the National there...time to curl up and get cozy with the magazine.

Guest Dan Cook

Hear we are coming up Oct 23 and I still haven't recieved my copy of the Bugle. Maybe it is because I am stiil a new guy. Will probably have to call about it some time this week.

I finally got around to reading mine as it has been here for a while but it seems that I have not. First Hershey, then off to Ohio and back again and all the running in between.

OK Fellows, All together now, Let's here it. Three Cheers for Pete, Buick Man Extraordineer! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Glad I got to meet you at Hershey. Dave!

Guest Dan Cook

Well the Bugle finally showed up today. I guess we are so far from any place of importance it takes some time to figure out how to get it here. Seems the bills never have any trouble getting through.