master cylinder in 29 Chrysler

tcslr

I believe it needs to be rebuilt as there is fluid loss and drips from boot.  Before I tear into this.... are there replacement parts?

Does anyone happen to have a schematic?  Much appreciated for any and all comments.

Tom

It’s possible the section the plunger travels over in the master cylinder is pitted and the rebuild kit will not fix it.  This is the problem I had with my Dodge.  I bought a new replacement master cylinder for it.  Be aware the rebuild kit may not be the fix you need.

Thanks!  This forum is really nice.  I feel I've made friends here - and interestingly, I don't know who looks like what.

Also, probably like many - there are bylines and posters I always read.  It makes me feel smarter than what I am.

Last year at AACA annual mtg, there was a get-together of posters ( I think King32 organized - a real gentleman and friend) - we had a conflict.

Hopefully this year coming up.

Old cast iron cylinders are prone to wear. Best bet take it to a reputable rebuilder and have it re sleeved to original size.They use stainless sleeve. These guys knows where to find kits.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Cheers

trini 

• Like 1