1936 Buick Roadmaster Grass Valley CA

Nice! I agree, the big series '36's have a lot of presence, tall and massive. Does the owner have photos of the interior without the blankets? Maybe they're there to preserve original upholstery, but a buyer might assume whatever's under needs replacing, a not inconsiderable expense.

That is a beautiful car and I love the color.  It is missing all or part of one tailight that has the tag holder on it, and the headlights have been converted to sealed beams.  The interior is lovely and complete.  Not being into keeping a car totally original if it is worn, I'd probably detail the engine and possibly do some re-chroming if I saw it close up.  George, previous post, I'm 79 running hard for 80, so I know how you feel.

• Like 2

Well now George and Earl : Although my doctors are quite insistent that physically I am 89 years old , I still can’t pull rank on you guys. Chronologically , I will turn 74 early this Summer. If not for the associated factors which lead up to this mismatch ,  that ‘36 Buick would not be for sale. I would have bought it yesterday ! That is EXACTLY the way I like to find my cars. Look how well the door handles line up. No sag. Oh , and that incredible smell that original , unrestored sedans of the period have ! All I would do is get it ready for long distance slow driving. As far as I can tell , the ONLY thing I would do is put some kind of trim on the r.h. side running board. Do you have it , George ? Also , how long/how many miles have you had the car ? What service history do you have ? Anything you feel it should have other than routine tuning and lubrication before a fly in , drive home ? 

George , if you have lived in the area for a long time , there is a very slim chance you may know some friends. When you were young and about , did you ever go to the Shanghai in Auburn ? Richard and Stephanie have now infested a secluded little valley near Colfax with beautiful yurts they brought back from China. A gorgeous, idyllic creation they now run as a highly regarded B&B. Hmmmm........... , that gives me an idea.      -  Carl  

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...
47 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

It's bittersweet to see C Carl's name, isn't it? I'll always miss him. It's such a nice detail when guys take the time to restore the "sunburst" on artillery wheels.

I was thinking the same about Carl........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1