Clock Repair

roadfossil

2 hours ago, roadfossil said:

I am a retired professional Clockmaker and now limit my work to antique automobile clocks. If you have a clock you need repaired or just have a question you can contact me at bobspil@comcast.net  Bob

My 1922 Cadillac has a combination speedo/clock and supposedly it has been rebuilt in the 5 years prior to my purchase of the car. I can't get the clock to work to save myself and I'm not sure if I'm just not doing something right - the manual just says that it's not user servicable (I assume because the odo is in it) and that it functions like a "typical clock" but doesn't tell you how that is. There is a knob that spins (with a clicking sound either way) and it pulls in and out but I can't "start" it for the life of me. Wondering if it needs something similar to my marine chronometer where you have to flick it to start

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 10:43 PM, roadfossil said:

I am a retired professional Clockmaker and now limit my work to antique automobile clocks. If you have a clock you need repaired or just have a question you can contact me at bobspil@comcast.net  Bob

Hi Bob, 

i will be in touch, I have a 1937 Pontiac SilverStreak dash clock that could use some restoration.. Cable etc... are you still in Clock repairs?

Trevor

Edited by CDN224 (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I have a 57 Buick Clock that has been sitting for 20 years in the car. I don't know if it works. How much would you charge for cleaning, adjusting and possible restore to life if necessary.

Thanks,

Joe

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I just tried to e-mail Bob but it wouldn't go through,I see it's an old ad.I'll try one of the other ads mentioned.My 35 Buick clock needs repair.

The website is up and you can send pictures through it for a quote. let me know how it goes, I’m still missing the stem and am just getting information for future reference...