Need interior pictures of Standard Six dash and windshield frame

David_Leech

1928 Standard Six, restored 40 years ago. I know something is missing from the interior based on the holes around the windshield frame. I'm also curious what might be missing from my dash. There are several holes along the bottom edge of the dash (on the lower edge of the flange). Can't find any pictures online and I have never seen another in person.

Any help?

David, you need to look through the DB roster and find the very few Standard owners that exist. I just looked and counted 33 and a few of those belong to the same owner or could be misidentified. Standards just don't exist in quantities. As I said Tom Myers has a coupe, I know of two sedans in eastern PA. We had those two cars sitting side by side at a show and it was amazing how different they were.. Standards are a breed of their own, very few parts interchange with other '28's. 

I don't have any answers on your Standard Six, but I know my '29 DA as well as other cars of that vintage have had holes drilled into the bottom edge of the dash. When a component wore out or an accessory was added it was common for a toggle switch to be added along that bottom edge. At one time my horn went out and the vacuum tank disgarded and I had a switch for the horn and a switch for an electric fuel pump.

That "rope" is called windlace. It is available through many old car sources, but usually has a foam core. Over time that foam core becomes brittle with age and when pressed can turn into a powder....it's happened to 2 cars I've owned. My '29 originally had some kind of "rope" core, so for it's new windlace I went to the fabric store and actually bought "rope" (in the same diameter) along w/ a vintage looking, durable fabric that matches my mohair interior. Just sew the fabric around the rope leaving about 1" of extra flap so you can tack the windlace to the body of car.