Transporting car from Canada

Be sure you use a company that takes care of all customs paperwork. I had a name recommended by some old truck forum guys when I was looking at a Jag MK IX a few years ago. I will see if I can locate it and will post if I do. 

The customs paper work can get complicated if you do not fill it out properly or in completely. 

This site may be of help: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-vehicle-parts
Paperwork needs to be in order to pass thru customs. Qualified shipping brokers will know what is needed and coordinate.
If not done properly the impound charges can cost more than the car. Have fun. 

here is a site for customs agents 

The brokers I was told were good were Jensen or Deringer. I did not get the car so never used them. No actual experience but maybe it will help 
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)

I just bought a car in the US and hauled it into Canada myself. I do not know about the US but if it is for personal use you do not need a broker to Canada. I would try Mackie Van lines here in Canada. They move all of GM experimental cars in Oshawa and the to the GM cold weather experimental in Kapuskasing.  A large dependable company with double decker enclosed trailers. Hauled a friends 1930 Cadillac 16 cyl from Cal. and the rest of the load was Ferraris for a Toronto dealer. They will handle everything from broker to dropping it off in your driveway or store it in one of their large warehouse's.   http://www.mackietransportation.com/

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

Passport Transport moves antique cars within the United States.

They don't go to Canada, but when I called them they recommended

a company.  However, that company wanted, I recall, around $2000 (U.S.)

just to transport a car from Ontario to Penna. and do the paperwork!

I never used them, and I never got that car.

Thanks for the replies.  I have located transportation and will let you know how it turns out.  I will probably never buy outside of the US again.  It is a PITA. Bob Smits

DO NOT use Mackie Transport! They hauled a 1933 Lincoln KA convertible couple for me. It was a complete horror show. The upper deck was about half inch off the windshield frame. Causing it to hammer up and down on the windshield frame for at least 400 or 500 miles. Bent the windshield frame, shattered the glass, bent the cowl and made a mess of the car! There offer of compensation was twelve grand. They self insure.

I would recommend TFX international out of Ontario. I have used a fair number of Transporters over the years. For one that will cross over the border TFX was very professional and competent. Clean well maintained truck trailer combos. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree TFX is superb. They transported my 1936 Ford 1 1/2 ton panel , a relatively  big truck from Ontario to Florida very quickly and efficiently and the loading was in minus 35 degrees in February. 

I had asked Mackie beforehand and they would not do it, now I am relieved after reading that horror story.

Thanks to all who replied.  I went with US  Canada Auto Transport on the recomendation of the seller who had used them for several years going both ways. Although they are a broker they put me in touch with First Class Transport out of Mount Vernon, WA.  They were also $1400 cheaper than Passports recommendation.  They picked the car (64 Bonneville) up on the 17th and delivered it on the 23rd.  Very careful and professional.  I have no complaints.  There is a bundle of paperwork which the handled by email and it went off without a hitch. First Class Transport only runs from the west coast to Texas and back.  I think their primary business is hauling new foreign cars from the Houston port to Canada. As someone mentioned previously if I were to purchase another car from Canada it would be with the stipulation that the seller deliver it to a US location for pick up.  Just my TCW. Bob Smits

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...