looking for 1926 stuff

For wiring, try Rhode Island Wiring or Y n Zs Wiring. For interior material, try LeBaron Bonney. For a master cylinder, try Apple Hydraulics. Do you have your original master cylinder? Perhaps it can be sleeved and rebuilt if you still have it. Apple Hydraulics will rebuild/sleeve it.

OK Jay I will make it one of my stops for sure. 

For the Chrysler experts on here. I was taking photos  of the dash among other things to have for references at the Hershey swap meet. Looking at the Chrysler plate on the dash  notice there's all kinds of numbers and letters spelled out around the Chrysler. I notice this before but didn't think much of it. Does all these numbers and letters have a meaning? 

20160929_180212.jpg

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)

Yes. That is the FEDCO serial number for the car. You can see at the bottom edge where it says, "FEDCO SYSTEMS". The number and scroll work reads, "YS086W" and is on this chart verifying that it is a Model 60 and when it was built....last column....June 1926....

Fedco chart 4 a.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hi Nash 34,

there are a set of guages, item 401195471521 on ebay, ending tomorrow, I'm pretty sure these are what you need.

Is your car left or right hand drive, I think I have a master cylinder for a LHD model G70 that is surplus to my requirements. If you cant find one in USA let me know and I will look my one out and see how good it is.

regards

Viv.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Phil937 said:

Fantastic. What is the book that this is in?

I know that the dash was different but do you know what the main differences were between the 70 and the Finer 70?

I am pretty certain the book is a FEDCO numbers book, but I got the copies of the listings from someone else on this forum. I do not have the actual book and I am not certain exactly what book they are from. No....I do not know the differences between the two models.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best bet with these early Chryslers is to polish up the paint you have and try to match it.

The Color Library will mix up samples.

Chalet Green may be similar to the color in your photo.  If you also have a dark green you may try Boiling Green.

(These are only a wild guess from a unreliable individual.)

• 1 month later...

The Model 60 had a wheel base of 109" (the same as the 4 cylinder cars), the engine is 180.2  cu. in.

The Model 70 or "G" had a wheel base of 112.75 and had the bigger 218.6 cu.in engine.

The top speed was for the sedans, the open cars would be a bit faster. The Model 80 Roadster could come near the triple digits.

On 5/28/2017 at 8:16 AM, Imperial62 said:

Question on where the 60 series was in the 1926 line up.  I see mention of a 70 series further up in this post. Was this a wheelbase issue?   Size of engine smaller than a 70 series?

The Model 60 was 1927.

See the previous comments concerning the model designations and the relative wheelbases.

I don't know about the Model 60 but the 1926 and 27 Model 70's were almost identical and the late year Model 70 roadster was actually what came out in 27.

Nash34, what model is your 26, what is the price and are you selling any spares?

Edited by Phil937
Accidentally posted before I finished my post. (see edit history)

Phil937

I am asking $1,750 for the car. It's a Model 60.

The only spare Chrysler product I have is a 1923 Dodge Brothers engine and transmission. 

Had been asking $350 for it.

Would consider a trade for a small pre-1915  car. Like Metz, Flanders, Saxon.

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...