need help identifying a few parts

Guest shaleradon

Guest shaleradon

I would like to know what the parts in the attached images are, my 1990 Reatta wont start and I have a feeling its due to the broken part...no duh right? The red circle is the broken parts location on the engine, and I am just curious what the blue circle part is since it connects to the broken part with what I believe is a vacuum line?. I love my Reatta and would like to be able to drive it again.

Sorry for having to ask, but I am not mechanically adept.20160522_083234.jpg 
Thanks In Advance!

20160522_082557.jpg

Did you disconnect the manifold hoses or did it just pop off? From the picture it seems to be disconnected. Will not start while disconnected. Mine pops off occasionally and I just pop the hood and reconnect. Then it will start right up. Haven't quite figured out what condition makes it pop off ( sort of a backfire).

1 hour ago, waltmail said:

Did you disconnect the manifold hoses or did it just pop off? From the picture it seems to be disconnected. Will not start while disconnected. Mine pops off occasionally and I just pop the hood and reconnect. Then it will start right up. Haven't quite figured out what condition makes it pop off ( sort of a backfire).

spring clamps would fix that.thats what i did.

• Like 1

Guest shaleradon
7 hours ago, waltmail said:

yes i removed it, the insert for the hose was lodged inside one of the hoses when the part broke

Edited by shaleradon (see edit history)

Guest shaleradon
On 5/22/2016 at 3:36 PM, smithbrother said:

Super glue would fix the broken parts, but clean with lacquer thinner first.  You could drop a drop of super glue on the fitting, then push the hose on, that should aid in preventing it from popping off.

Dale in Indy

i ended up gluing it for now until i can get to a junkyard, unfortunately now the car makes a really noticeable metal on metal banging sound whenever the rpms go under about 1200 anything over that and no noise. I took off the belt and spun everything i could and no noise but i have a feeling its related to the crankshaft but i am not sure. (at first i thought it was vacuum lines vibrating against each other)

Padgett, I spent a couple hours at 2 different FLAPS going through books of vacuum connections and came up dry. I don't think you can get them new anymore anywhere. Fortunately they are still plentiful in the wrecking yards. I just drilled mine out and superglued in a straight vacuum line connector as a temporary fix while I waited for Jim Finn to send a couple of them to me.