Old Buick Dealer 55th St NYC 1914

Daves1940Buick56S

• 1 month later...

Look , Ma : No side curtains on many of these old vehicles ! Regard yon patient horse , clad for ambient conditions . How LUCKY we are to have been born in the '30s or '40s . Great time to have lived ! Can play with our relics , with or without side curtains according to weather , and even enjoy "old"climate controlled vehicles . "Old" ? Relative term . My "Winter Car" ( 1927 Cadillac standard 5 Pass sedan ) has factory heater and robe for the rail . Remember as a little boy being warmly wrapped in a blanket in the back seat of my Dad's '33 Buick . Makes me shiver looking at this pic. - C Carl

And now , somewhat obsessed with the subject , I notice the rear wheel of the vehicle just past the car in question is similarly traction enhanced . Were these chains analogous to modern chains , and mounted similarly ? I doubt I will ever have to chain up again . Good riddance . My sympathies go out to all you guys and gals who get to enjoy a traditional Winter ! Nice to look at , but ................ -C Carl

no concerns of anyone suing from falling down to the subway back in those days!

Yup. No mothers with their ear on a cell phone instead of watching their reckless kid running around like an idiot.