57 Buick Super 2 dr HT Parts Car

gearhead

I have just stripped my 57 Super 2 door hardtop down to the last nut and bolt. Some parts are for my 57 Roadmaster project. I have sold some of the parts and there is quite a bit left over. I don't want a lot of money for anything, just shipping and a little beer money.

Partial list of parts:

Rear window (front was cracked)

Almost all the stainless trim (most is OK, but needs polishing to make nice)

Gauge cluster

RH door power window motor and mechanism

Windshield wiper motor, transmissions and cables

Heater core

Radiator (tanks are there but needs new core)

Radio core for rebuild

Carter AFB cores for rebuild

Water pump cores for rebuild

Power steering pump and box

Treadle Vac unit for rebuild

Rebuilt generator

All suspension components

etc, etc

Let me know if I can help you out. Will ship most parts, but some (like rear window) are very difficult to ship and I'd rather not mess with them.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the radio a wonder bar? How much for radio and water pump core?

Thanks

Robert

Radio is not a Wonderbar, but a Sonomatic. Not sure my radio works, but should be a good core to get rebuilt. I'll take $25 for it.

I have several water pump cores. You'll have to let me know what you need. I'll take $25 for one.

OK, the 40 dollar question. Do you have the rear bumper ends that would be good enough for re chroming? And........ are Super and Roadmaster interchangeable?

Thanks in advance, Doug.

Well, not exactly. I have quite a few bumper ends in various states of deterioration. The chrome shop I have been using says they can repair and replate these, but have not actually completed the project I sent them.

I know a metal worker who has said he will be willing to see if he can repair these. I have not yet sent him one to see what he can do.

If something works out, I'll repost. Until then, however, I can't say that I do have replateable bumper ends.

Did it have a 6 bladed fan?

I don't know everything about everything, but I thought I knew 57 Buicks pretty well. That said, I have never heard of a 6 bladed fan. It must have been what was used on air conditioned cars. These were pretty rare in 57.

No, the fans that I have are all 4 blade.

If you have air conditoning and need more fan than the 4 blade can provide, I'm sure an aftermarket fan would suit your needs.

Hello You would'nt happen to have the left driver side exhaust manifold for duel exhaust off the 364 nailhead?

I'm going to be out of town for a few days and can't get out to the garage to answer your question. I think, however, I do have the manifold you request. The manifold with the heat riser is the passenger side, right? I'm pretty sure I have a driver's side that is pretty decent.

When I got back out to the garage, I'll look it over and sandblast it and see what I have. Maybe I can take pictures of it and send it to you.

I have a very nice driver's side exhaust manifold that has been sandblasted and further cleaned with a wire wheel. Unfortunately, it is for a single exhaust and not duals. I have a passenger side exhaust manifold that I am cleaning up. It has lots of pits on the surface, but appears to have no cracks. The heat riser is frozen, but I will free that up with a combination of penetrating oil and torch heat. The exhaust pipe flange holes are torn out. I think it will work OK, but not with a conventional stud to mount to the exhaust pipe flange. It will take a bolt with a washer on it.

If anyone is interested, I'll take $75 for each of them. I have photos if you are interested.

I'm really surprised no one has expressed interest in the rear window glass. These are really expensive when new and this is like new. I don't know how I would ship it, but I can figure that out if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi do you have a engine turned dash trim piece for a 57 super?Thank you

Sorry, that is one of the pieces I plan to use on my project. The dash panel on my Roadmaster is very rusty. I suppose it could be chromed, painted or powder coated, but that is not how they are supposed to look.

• 6 months later...
Guest LBarnes944

I need the stainless behind drivers door and up to the top of wheelwell

did have air I need the contols

Guest Rob McDonald

57COUPE, I have a nice engine-turned aluminum dash trim panel for you, complete with all the screws. I had it all packed up to send overseas - free, recipient would just pay the shipping. The line went dead though, when we found that the cheapest rate from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada would be $175.

I'll make you a similar "deal". You can have the panel for free, but you must arrange to have it shipped to you - it's going to be a lot cheaper if you're somewhere in North America. Send me a Private Message and let's figure out how to make this work. I do have photos.

Guest Rob McDonald

PROF. GEARHEAD, do you have the following front suspension odds and ends? 1) one each upper and lower rubber bump stops - I'm not sure how the upper one is fastened, 2) one cupped washer for an upper ball joint, and 3) one wheel bearing cap, usual dings not a problem, they're hidden (probably very standard, but if you're filling a box anyway...)

Guest Rob McDonald

57COUPE, sorry, my correspondent in Australia has resurfaced - he's been travelling - so I must retract my offer to send you that dash trim panel.

PROF. G.H., I figured out how those upper bump stops are fastened. They have a moulded nipple on them, which pops like a grommet into a hole in the frame bracket. So, how about - do you have any of these suspension pieces for me to buy?