What is it and what's it worth

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Ran up on this in a fellers barn today. Can anyone tell me what it is and approx value.

The engine has been rebuilt, the bumpers are wrapped in paper and laid across the fender, the wheels are immaculate, all glass is good, its been sanded down and basically ready to start priming, noticed what looked to be an aluminum top? The interior is original but definitely needs restored.

100_0493.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0495.jpg

100_0496.jpg

100_0497.jpg

Looks like you have a 1924 Buick model 50. You will see the year and model number, 24-50, on the tag on the firewall near the horn. It has a 128" wheelbase and 9,561 were produced. It should have two jump seats behind the front seat and room for two spares on the back rack. Original color was colbalt blue body with black fenders and it cost $2,285 new. It would normally have a rubberized fabric insert in the center of the roof, not aluminum.

A nicely restored one of these would sell in the teens so figure out how much it would cost to finish the car to come up with a buying price in it's current condition.

LAMAR,

Where do you keep finding these cars? You seem to come up with one every month? I would look for some sort of data plate and run the numbers in your Buick Standard catalog, if you have one. But the previous responder seems to know his stuff. Impressive car on a big wheelbase. I'd love to own it.

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571

Guest imported_Thriller

Another nice find Lamar...is that front fender made of wood? It looks kind of like wood grain. Please do keep us informed if you gather any more information on it.

I'm not sure exactly what model it is, but if it is a '24 50 series as suggested, the Dec. 2004 Old Cars Price Guide puts a #4 condition car in the $4-$5k range (low of 4200 for 7 passenger sedan to 4800 for the limo).

26 or 27 master.

If it's got the oval window in the rear its the top of the line.

It's a 26 or 27 because it's got front wheel brakes, and snubbers.

26 was the first year for buick having 4 wheel brakes.

Since these car are "big paper weights", the value is low.

this car as sits is worth about $4,500 to $6,000.

It needs another $15k to go senior......

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest Bradbuick

Wow, I was searching for info about my car and these are actual photos of it. It is still sitting in the same spot and I'm hoping to get the paint and interior done in the next year. Can anyone tell me about the aluminum top? Did this car originally come without this hardtop?

Guest Bradbuick

Sorry Riki, this car belonged to my grandpa Tom Cothran, he passed away almost two years ago. I hope to be able to have the paint and interior done soon. This time next year maybe I'll be riding in local parades, like my grandpa loved to do!

Wow, I was searching for info about my car and these are actual photos of it. It is still sitting in the same spot and I'm hoping to get the paint and interior done in the next year. Can anyone tell me about the aluminum top? Did this car originally come without this hardtop?

I am pretty certain that your car came with the top as is. It is probably only the tack strip on the top that is aluminum.

Guest Bradbuick

It definitely looks original. But the top is solid aluminum. I'm not talking like an ford model a where there is a square hole on top covered with fabric. This is the whole top ofthe car.

Guest moto826
lol thats funny :D