Looking for great Mid-Summer Flea Market

greenie

Ok, so we're spoiled with Spring Carlisle, Fall Carlisle, and esp. Hershey. But where is a great mid-summer Flea market. Something near the east coast, in June or July, and with an active flea market with lots of antique parts? Your ideas and past experience would be appreciated.

My season starts with the Rhinebeck, New York Flea Market on May 7. There is a Car Show on Sunday that I've never been to. That Sunday all the flea markret action is in Bristol, Ct. at the CSRA Spring Swap. I only set up at Hershey, the others are not worth the time. Wish there were summer swaps.

I guess we can consider August as a summer month - Macungie PA - one of the best around. And a heck of a great car show besides!

Terry

Greenie, it sounds like you're close by. Along with the good ones that were mentioned, don't forget the specific make car shows that happen all summer. Today was a flea market at Maple Grove, next month is a good VW flea market at Campbelltown, motorcycles at Oley, Porsches at Hershey. June another VW at Maple Grove, more Porsches at Hershey. Chevy and Fords at Maple Grove.Latimore Valley has a few race car flea markets. And so I don't ruffle any feathers,I won't even mention the several hotrod/streetrod fleas at York, Hershey, Latimore, Biglerville, etc.

He is still the talk of our family. We had nicknamed him Chromedome because of the headlight bucket not lack of hair. Sorry to hear the news. At least I have the momery of seeing him. He seemed to be having a ball which is what this hobby is about.

Dave,

I believe Bob is right about his passing on. I'm sure I heard that some years ago. I use to enjoy seeing him around the flea markets as much as anyone else. One day, maybe 10 years ago, he came walking in my shop to buy a set of tires. One heck of a nice fellow and dressed very well. After we talked awhile and as I was writing up a slip, he asked, Don't you know me? I didn't have a clue. He turned around, went out to his vehicle and came back in wearing that headlamp. Everyone in the shop started cracking up and then the fun really began! laugh.gif I would have never known it was the same guy. Sure miss seeing him around also.

Rick

It is people like him that I enjoy seeing at the meets. People with the "crazy" outfits, or some kind of odd item carrying devise (like a handtruck with a board on the back with a telephone on it..talk about mobile or a wagon built like a dragster). They are the ones out there really enjoying the day. And when you go home and talk about the meet, they are the people you remember.

Guest sonny h.

Sure is a GREAT swap meet at Pamona,Ca. But it's on west coast,but well worth the time to see, meets are always : on a Sunday but i've been there on Friday night. and found a lot of '32 Chevy stuff, bye Sunday it's all gone.. smile.giftongue.gif