Ultimate SUV?

Bill Boudway

This trend will know no end until we're voting for Bin Ladin endorsed Presidential candidates. Check these <span style="font-style: italic">factory</span> "pickup trucks" out! crazy.gif

"Trucks that make a bold statement, namely, that YOU RULE!"

img_truck_mxt.jpgimg_truck_rxt.jpgimg_truck_cxt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Let's be honest. <span style="font-weight: bold">You didn't become the success that you are by doing things halfway. For you, it's go all out, or go home.</span> Now there's a lineup of trucks that shares <span style="font-weight: bold">your bold attitude and entrepreneurial spirit</span>. The International® XT family. These aren't just beefed up pickup trucks. They're performance and beauty taken to the extreme. Of course, it helps to have strong bloodlines.

</div></div>

speechless-smiley-014.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Let's be honest. You didn't become the success that you are by doing things halfway. For you, it's go all out, or go home. Now there's a lineup of trucks that shares your bold attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. The International® XT family. These aren't just beefed up pickup trucks. They're performance and beauty taken to the extreme. Of course, it helps to have strong bloodlines.

</div></div>

They left out the whole part about it making you bigger, er,<span style="font-style: italic"> in the pants</span>. I thought that was their biggest selling point...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They left out the whole part about it making you bigger, er, in the pants. I thought that was their biggest selling point... </div></div>

No They didn't. How could they forget something so important. And how could they forget to tie it in to the owner's smug sense of superiority, vanity and avarice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now there's a lineup of trucks that shares your bold attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. </div></div>

mixed-smiley-005.gif

Besides, what do you think "<span style="font-style: italic">go all out</span>" meant? smirk.gif

=========================

I think if you have the depth of character to see through this spiel then you're out of their target market in the first place. mixed-smiley-006.gif

I just feel so warm and fuzzy thinking about how much my Exxon stocks are going to be worth supplying fuels to those who own these stupid things. P.T. Barnum was right; there is one born every minute! smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Notice how ugly the back wheelwell is? </div></div>

Actually I can't. It's like trying to pick out the nastiest infected wound. tongue.gif In my eyes there isn't an attractive nut in these piles of iron. frown.gif

Beauty/style/grace/class/etc....this just ain't what we're about any more. crazy.gif

Guest imported_Joe Kieliszek

Hello,

Way back when Dennis Kuchinich was still its mayor, the city of

Cleveland had purchased a bunch of unimogs for snow removal...

Bad decision- half of them were always in the shop for repairs!

Thanks,

Joe Kieliszek grin.gif

Guest De Soto Frank

Are there really enough people with "more money than brains" for there to be a market for this junk ?

It's been nearly 60 years since my'48 IHC KB-2 was made, and they STILL can't make a pick-up box in-house...?!

Don't Laugh, the way the automakers keep wanting to lessen the suspension on the pick-ups, we may very well be seeing those as tow vehicles at the next meet. I'd almost be willing to bet that by the time Hershey rolls around, someone will have one in the parking lot with a show trailer behind it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I first saw the photos Dave posted I thought it was a joke; now I don't know whether to laugh or puke crazy.gif </div></div>

The slogan in the first post for these trucks is a link to their web page. Puke away! crazy.gif

The Excursion does get better mileage than you'd expect from something so big. I'll bet the International Egocrutches (whatever?) probably get better mileage than normal vehicles would lead one to expect as well.

That's because they're exempt from much of the emissions requirements that responsible vehicles must adhere to. Anything over 6000 lbs. GVW is classed as a medium duty commercial vehicle, and their emissions standards are much more lenient than girly-man "cars". More pollution equals a bit better fuel efficiency.

Sounds like heaven to me! gasmask.gif

One of the local ambulance squads in my area had a Freightliner ambulance. As much of a monstrocity that this was, I got to drive it a couple of times, and I can honestly say that the turning radious on the Freightliner was better than the Ford Econoline vans were. Who knows? As outrageous as those trucks appear, they may end up being a better truck than what most of us are using now when it comes to maneuvering...... especially with a car trailer.

• 2 weeks later...