Never leave car parts the oven overnight !

Bill Stoneberg

I was rudely woken up this morning with a scream of "What the *** is in this oven" followed shortly by "Get these **** car parts out of MY oven".

Needless to say, I complied pretty quickly.

I had worked late last night and when I got home, I put some cast iron parts in the oven to warm up so I can paint them today. I find that the pilot light gets them to the mid 80 degree mark.

How was I to know my wife wanted to make sweet rolls for breakfast ???

Some people have no sense of whats important

grin.gifgrin.gif

I caught it one day when she found out I was using the toilet brush to scrub some chassis parts.

To which my response was "I don't see what the big deal is. Look what YOU clean with it!"

Oddly enough, she didn't come around to my way of seeing things...

-Brad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...I put some cast iron parts in the oven to warm up so I can paint them today. I find that the pilot light gets them to the mid 80 degree mark. </div></div>

It could've been worse. You're not planning on any late night interior vinyl part cleaning and dyeing, are you? shocked.gifblush.gifsmirk.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Whilst cleaning and sealing my gas tank one day, I had hooked the garden hose up to the washing machine faucett and ran it outside so I could use it and some Dawn dishwashing liquid to clean my tank. I got the tank cleaned and rinsed and I looked up to see steam coming outa the laundry room. The rubber hose had burst and water was everywhere. Talkin bout somebody doin some fast cleanin before mama gets home!!!.... and got rewarded the next day with "thanks for cleaning the laundry room hun" for doing it. The question did come up though of "I thought I just opened a new bottle of dishwashing liquid?"