Who's going to Batavia??

Guest 53Nailhead

Guest 53Nailhead

Just curious about who's heading to the BCA meet in Batavia this July. It would be my 1st meet & was wondering what to expect.

Les

Guest my3buicks

I'm going to Batavia, it was a great meet in 1989 so I think we can expect the same for 2005. I Seniored my 67 in Batavia in 89, so I think it will be returning to Batavia for another Senior Preservation.

Bernice and I will be there. The last meet there was GREAT!! I especially liked the arrangement , with the swap meet around the perimeter of the meet. You could look at cars, and shop at the same time! this is the best of both worlds. I also like the chance to go to different places of interest without a whole bus load. You can do things at your leisure instead of being on someone elses schedule. This will be the first meet for the "Modified" division also,and I willl be interested in seeing how it goes.

Maybe this is a good time to mention that the Minuteman Chapter is planning a caravan along the NY Throughway, including an overnight.

The Yankee Chapter will also organize a caravan through lower NY with a stop at Watkin's Glen on the way to Batavia. We welcome anyone from NY, NJ and eastern/central PA, or anyone traveling through there to join us. This would be on Tuesday July 5th overnight in Watkin's Glen. On Wednesday we will visit the Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport. If anyone would like more info, please e-mail me at j.scheib@comcast.net and we will keep you in the loop.

John

Guest 53Nailhead

I'll be coming down I81 to Syracuse then across I90. July seems along ways off, but if anyone going that route wants to start a parade let's do it!!

Les

I plan on attending. Originally I was going to bring both my 48 and 68, but with hotel space non-existent, I may have to drive my Rendezvous towing my 13 ft Scamp trailer, and have Nancy follow in the 68. Anybody know of a nice campground close by? Roberta had sent a link to the 6 Flags campground but that is not quite what we had in mind - the amusement park is more than what we want. We want just a nice KOA type campground with decent shower facilities since our Scamp doesn't have that necessary feature.

Tom

Based on reading all of threads here I am going to go out on a linb and assume that everyone is talking about Batavia New York. If so there is a nice campground in Leroy right at the intersection of I90 & I490, We were going to stay there last year but had motor home troubles and could not make it. Also try the yellow pages in www.msn.com and look under campground for Batavia it should bring up 3 or 4. Now can some one give me more detailed info as to this meet. Exactly when in July, my wife and I are planning to be in the Rochester area around the July 4th week and this might be an interesting side light to the trip. I don't have a Buick but I do like a few of them.

Al K.

I will also be there, along with two of my sons ( maybe the third too). Planning on taking the 69 GS , and a 89 Lesabre ttype plus a 93 Regal GS. If the third son attends, we may also bring the 95 Riv... And we'd like to tour out with the minute man chapter too. That was a blast in 03 for the Centenial.

And I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of the great folks on this forum!

JohnD

I will be there with my '68 GS... Lucky for me that I only live 25 minutes away..

There is a State camp ground about 20 minutes away called Darien State Park, this is not the same as the Six Flags park. The State park is a decent campground (I use it every year). I think you can make reservations by using www.reserveamerica.com. If you have any questions you can e-mail me @ mrtromm@yahoo.com.

Worst case there are plenty of Hotels available 35 minutes down the NYS Thruway.

There is also a campground in the opposite direction and about the same distance in LeRoy, N.Y. You can find it in the yellow pages of MSN.com

Guest imported_MrEarl

God willing and the creeks don't rise I'll be there.Me, my son and hopefully my sweet Rita will be able to make the trip. And right now my thinking is that I will be DRIVIN Buttercup. I hate to add so many miles to the only 13,400 currently on her but in discussing it with my family, they said they'd rather experience the "adventure" of driving her (even without AC) than being cramped up in the pick-up pulling her. Today I replaced the shock links and began checking her out for anything else that I thought I might want to go ahead and renew before heading out on a 900 mile trip. I'll begin making a list of parts to bring along also. Don't know yet if I'll enter her into anything as I am not that familiar with what options I have.

SO, see ya's there laugh.gif

Hi! I plan on going to Batavia and this would be my first meet. I am quite excited with my recent "family member" a 1949 Buick Super 4-dr sedan and I am wondering what enterable "events" are open to this great old car. It has a non-working clock so it seems to not know what time it is. It looks and drives like it's maybe 1950-something. (see photo) It has 38,691 on the odometer and may be original miles as some service records from 1960's seem to confirm this. I'll be driving it 2,000 miles to my home in upstate NY before the event so I guess it'll be at about 41,000 at Batavia. I am considering having some minor fender dents repaired (hammered out) and since the inside drivers door paint has been worn to the primer as someone's armrest, I'm considering giving it a whole new paint job to preserve it and replace the lacquer paint on it now with a modern acrylic enamel. It has slight paint imperfections right now due to spot touch ups over the years, but there's no rust and no "bondo". Think a new paint job is a hinderence to any judging event? And what things are there to enter? I know of the Driven award. The Modified catagory has me scared of "monster engines". And the "original mint(?)" catagory may not consider this car a worthy contender. Any knowledge or tips on this stuff? My first consideration in getting this Buick was to drive it and enjoy it. It was the model my Dad had when I was a kid. Thanks! p.s. the ID plate says the body number is BK536 and I was wondering what manufacturing plant was BK? -Ken, "the new guy" grin.gif

There is one class you did not mention, and it seems like the perfect place for your Buick. It is the "Archival " c;ass, ans is for unrestored cars.A buick as nice as yours appears to be is the kind of car they cater to. The BCA has this class so nice original Buicks can come to the meet and feel comfortable.Many people in the past have taken nice originals, and redone them ,andin the process, lost another bit of Buick history. Please, bring it as it is, and enjoy the meet!

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

It looks like these "ladies" might be headed there and have a good early start (of which might be a good thing) but someone needs to let them know Batavia'a not in Kansas. What do you know about this TomE 1953??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

4815which-way-to-kansas450.jpg